An intelligence agency located in the Philadelphia, PA area, is looking for a Reports Writer to meet their current needs. This position will be based in the National Capitol Region (NCR).
The Reports Writer is a critical role that requires a person with strong writing skills. This individual will be assisting senior management in the development of reports, statements, and briefing documents. He/she must be able to perform research and analysis on data and write reports, adhering to tight time lines and strict quality guidelines, using numerous U.S. Government databases. The Reports Writer is responsible for the analysis and validation of a wide variety of information which supports several facets of U.S. Government’s Intelligence Community (IC) requirements and responsibilities. This individual must be able to organize documentation that relays the salient points to partners and decision makers within the IC. He/she must also have good interpersonal, management, and issue-comprehension skills.
- Read, comprehend, and subsequently condense and simplify complicated documents for digestion by a variety of audiences
- Develop documentation that gets the salient points across in the least amount of words and in a fashion that is understandable by all
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, management, and issue-comprehension skills
- Participate actively in meetings where important issues are being discussed and be able to capture the significant points of the discussion, packaging them in written form for subsequent distribution.
- Adhere to processes and procedures in accordance with the training provided by the agency
- Review investigative reporting received by DEA, provide analysis and identify information that would benefit further dissemination to the Intelligence community
- Retrieve all DEA reports or other information sources and disseminate the same to Reports Writers based on areas assigned. Make changes or corrections as needed
- Ensure that complete copies of the information sources from which the redacted information was obtained are maintained and available for review by DEA.
- Maintain records and produce a monthly Summary of Work performed report that shows the number of hours committed to the information analysis tasking process.
- Provide a quarterly report and briefing to the agency detailing progress and status
- Debrief the agency as well as other law enforcement and intelligence entities working with it on intelligence gathered while reviewing agency Reports of Investigation and other intelligence sources.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or 3-4 years of law enforcement, intelligence, or military experience/must have valid US passport
- TS/SCI Security Clearance/ must be able to travel 10-15% within continental US(CONUS) and/or outside continental US (OCONUS)
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Salary commensurate with experience; full benefits package included
Apply online at www.cherokee-cnsp.com
Cherokee Nation Strategic Programs (CNSP) offers federal, state and local agencies a wide range of intelligence, cyber operations and warfighter support services. CNSP focuses on quality performance in the collection and analysis of data, dissemination of useful information, and actionable real-world support to the intelligence and warfighter communities. Services offered by Cherokee Nation Strategic Programs apply to all national security communities including federal, state and local intelligence communities, the military and law enforcement agencies.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, click here: