This position is a member of a team responsible for assuring that maximum building up-time 24/7/365 days a year achieved through quality customer service, technical support and problem identification and resolution. Providing Signet Team members a safe, comfortable and clean working environment, and maintaining the facilities in like new condition are key components of this position.
Assist Building Engineer in ensuring that the building systems are properly maintained and functioning, including but not limited to the systems in Non-Distribution and Distribution areas, such as HVAC, Robot Arms, automated conveyor, voice-activated equipment, carousels (vertical and horizontal), tilt-tray sorter, box machine, air compressors, recall fences, dock levelers, compactor and tagging equipment. Plumbing repair/replace demands include standard commercial toilets/urinals, faucet replacement, sweat pipes and install shutoff valves. Operate a power drain snake. Knowledge of kitchen grease traps, backflow preventers and oil separators. Mechanical and HVAC duties include basic understanding of the refrigeration cycle, filters, belts and HVAC terminology.
Perform troubleshooting and repairs of facilities related equipment and perform preventative maintenance work, while soliciting bids for repairs and installations of equipment from outside contractors. Work with/assisting vendors and estimating of project needs and deliverables.
Assist in planning, organizing, and coordinating ongoing electrical installations and modifications, while recommending and initiating departmental improvement programs, as well as providing timely and accurate updates on all projects to stakeholders.
Ensuring compliance with all applicable environmental safety codes, as well as ensuring proper procedures are learned and taught from equipment manufacturers, in an effort to optimize performance, adherence and safety of all team members. Emergency management and other safety protocols including building evacuations and other events requiring coordination of building occupants.
Maintenance of all files on warranties and preventative maintenance schedules, and communicate the daily coordination and supervision of all facilities and grounds work done by internal and external contractors to the Building Engineer, Facilities Manager and Director of Facilities.
Performs additional duties and projects as assigned.
Consistent regular scheduled attendance is considered an essential function of this job.
On-Call responsibilities 24x7x365
If qualifications are preferred note as such to distinguish from required.
High School Diploma / GED
Required or Acceptable Job-Related Experience:
A minimum of 3 years of experience in a commercial building
Technical/Other Skills Required:
This position requires a valid driver's license and auto insurance.
This position requires compliance with Signet's driving standards and/or policies
Other skills include but are not limited to the following:
- Experience with moving equipment (pallet jack, dollies, forklift, etc.)
- General knowledge of OSHA and safety standards
- Maintenance experience to include carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC
- PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word) required
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Knowledge of corporate business operations
- Working knowledge of building life safety systems, including UPS (Uninterrupted Power Supplies), emergency generators and fire panels.
- Knowledge of maintenance and operation of full service kitchen, fitness center.
- Modular furniture installation including ergonomic adjustments to furniture assembly and/or disassembly of commercial modular furniture systems.
- Business moves, including relocation of computers, telephones, furniture, and employee's property.
- Operate power tools and all basic/standard hand tools
- Adapt to flexible work location and work schedule
Employee Contract Type