LMC Consulting Group is a management consulting firm in the Pacific Northwest with approximately 100 professionals. We are currently looking for (2) Security System Design Consultants AND (1) Security System Project Manager/Engineer and to be located near Redmond Washington for a permanent contract at Microsoft. This project will be working within Microsoft's Global Security organization which is recognized as one of the leading Physical Security organizations in the world. Microsoft is undergoing a 5 year revitalization project of their main campus in Redmond and plan continued growth making these permanent positions. Their use of new technologies, tools and approaches to physical security puts them repeatedly at the forefront of the industry and this position will provide invaluable experience.
Security Systems Consultant JOB SUMMARY
Some of these Key Tasks:
- The Security Systems Consultant (SSC) will work closely with the Security Project Manager(s) and will report to the Americas Delivery Manager
- The SSC is responsible for designing all Security Systems, per our Global Security Design Requirements (GSDR) and is on point to assess NEW Project criteria
- The SSC is expected to be the face of Security for all sites/clients within their assigned region
- The SSC is also responsible for overseeing regularly scheduled site security systems audits
- The SSC is responsible for engaging with regional Business Stakeholders to proactively forecast/request for Security Capital Expense (Capex) Project Funding on a quarterly basis. The SSC will also get up to speed on Regional Business Capital Project and communicate Security Systems Capex funding per corresponding project.
- The SSC is responsible for formulating Security Systems Operational Expense forecasting for proper maintenance of Security Systems throughout the life of the systems
- The SSC is also the Subject Matter Expert (SME) of the Security Systems Architecture designed for our organization
- The SSC is responsible for sourcing qualified Security Vendors for installation, repair/maintenance, upgrade, or decommissioning of security systems
- The SSC provides SME-ise on active projects in direct support of Security Design, interpretation/modification of Security Systems to comply with local jurisdictional building codes/Means of Egress/ADA requirement/Fire Code, etc. as required by local Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ)
- This Expertise is also required when UPGRADING the Security Design Requirements in a means to remain on the BLEEDING EDGE of Security Systems Technology
- The SSC shall be able to perform SPM role and responsibilities as project tend to Ebb N Flow with sense of urgency, complication, and duration.
- The SSC is responsible for tracking metrics for all projects. Metrics to include, but not limited to, Project Spend, Phase status projects, yearly tally of projects and budget total, etc.
- The SSC is responsible for identifying areas that require improvement in design, project implementation, warranty support, and Service Calls
- The SSC is responsible for managing his team of SPMs, is expected to mentor them, and develop them into Security System Consultants
- The SSC is the sole caretaker of all Security Systems within assigned region and responsible for maintaining them in excellent operating order.
- The SPMs report directly to the regional Security Systems Consultant
Security Systems Project Manager (SPM) JOB SUMMARY
Some of these Key Tasks:
- The SPM will work closely with the Security Systems Consultant in their assigned region and will report directly to the Security Systems Consultant, whom reports directly to the Americas Delivery Manager
- The Security Project Manager (SPM) will take ownership of all aspects of Security Systems Projects’ Life Cycles within their assigned region
- Security Project Life Cycles start @ Inception of a project (Design), including being able to adequately produce and justify ROM (Rough Order of Magnitude), work their way through the RFP (Request For Proposal), to Project Kick Off Phase
- The SPM shall manage the Implementation Phase of a project, including responding to RFI (Requests For Information) and processing Change Order Requests
- The SPM will carry out RFP (Request For Proposal) process and is expected to scrutinize all vendor bids for accuracy, applicable product discounts, and compliance with RFP Scope
- The SPM is expected to proactively and responsibly manage project FINANCING budget and is expected to keep project funding ON COURSE.
- The SPM will manage all active project schedule and ensure contracted Security Vendors’ schedules align with GC’s Master Project Schedule.
- The SPM will be responsible for identifying local code(s) requirements, sate/country laws, ADA compliance, Fire Department regulations, and typical International Building Code best practices for consideration of impact to project design and deployment.
- The SPM shall have a competent understanding of IT Infrastructure and DOS Commands
- The SPM shall have a competent understanding of Structured Cabling Systems and Fiber Optic Cabling. BICSI certifications would be recommended, but not required
- The SPM shall have a competent understanding of Electrical Basics, including Ohm’s Law, Power Load Calculations, and BTU (British Thermal Unit)
- The SPM shall have a competent understanding of Construction Projects, Job Safety Training, and is expected to assess site conditions in various phases of construction to anticipate Milestone that are key to success of Security Systems installations
- The SPM will see all projects through to the Closeout Phase and is expected to be able to fill out programming sheets, carry out Commissioning of security systems, develop and track Punch List Items through completion. This includes tracking of Record Documents (RDs) such as Warranty Letters, Security As Builts in Autocad, and Final Invoicing
- The SPM shall be able to carry out regular Site Security Systems Assessments and be able to develop a comprehensive SOW (Scope of Work) and ROM
- The SPM shall be able to provide REMOTE Health Monitoring and Troubleshooting support of the security systems and is the liaison to the Site Facility Managers and Central Security Monitoring System Team in charge of Maintenance and Repair of Security Systems/Devices
- The SPM will ensure that the project is delivered as per the security consultant’s detailed scope of works.
- The SPM is responsible for technical commissioning and completing a quality control audit of the new security system.
- The SPM will review photographs and installation work onsite, identifying deficiencies, documenting gaps and foreseeing future issues based on past experience.
- The SPM will be responsible for all project technical implantation requirements, including those provide by the security system integrator. Server configuration, RAID configuration, system programming, IP address configuration and similar tasks are required.
- The SPM is responsible for ensuring that the system completes a signal acceptance review and is monitored within the required timescales.
- The SPM will verify and accept the as installed documentation to ensure accuracy.
- The SPM will support the security consultant with small works requests and day to day maintenance/service requests.
- The following qualification apply to all positions listed above
- Minimum qualifications and experience:
- 5+ years of experience in a Security Project Engineering/Technical Role - managing the deployment of physical security systems (end user, integrator or other acceptable) – NOTE: Other similar experience will be considered.
- 5+ Year experience in the design and/or installation of integrated electronic security systems, preferably gained in an technical field engineering capacity.
- Subject matter expert in electronic physical security include installation practices, electrical code, equipment selection, equipment configuration and various codes.
- Experience with Lenel, Milestone, Genetec, Axis preferred. Certification on one or all preferred, although not required
- SIA CSPM, ASIS PSP, ASIS CPP, BICSI ESS, BICSI RCDD- although preferred, these qualifications are not required
- Well organized with an ability to prioritize.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills required for preparing clear, concise, grammatically correct materials and communicating information effectively to others.
- Good understanding and experience of project management and practices.
- Solid understanding of security operations, design, and systems integration.
- Experience with multi-tasking and fast paced work environments.
- Ability to prioritize workload is essential to ensure meeting client deadlines.
- Action oriented with a passion for getting things done quickly, efficiently, and properly.
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual and stressful circumstances.
- Strong customer service and service delivery orientation.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Strong cross-group collaboration and relationship management skills including directing & coordinating virtual teams to achieve deliverables.
- Must be I.T literate and proficient.
- Must be proficient and familiar in the use of Microsoft Office products. Microsoft Project experience preferred.
- Must be proficient or willing to learn AutoCAD LT for creation and manipulation of 2D security layout designs.
- **The successful candidate must be located in and legally allowed to work in the continental USA.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Commuting/travel assistance
This job will require you to pass a background check: