Position Title: FT, Fully Benefitted, Front Desk Agent, Rooms Division
Accountable To: Director of Guest Services, Asst. Front Office Manager
Summary of Position
At Kinzie Hotel, you are the face of the company, many times the first impression! Remarkably attend to guests’ needs, including, but not limited to: registration, checkout, cashiering, relaying both property and local information, answering phones, skillfully handling any guest requests.
- Take every opportunity to amaze the guests
- Smile, have eye contact and greet guests as soon as you are aware of an approaching guest.
- Maintain a well-groomed, professional appearance at all times, including uniform and nametag
- Actively solicit feedback from guests
- Greet and welcome guests upon arrival. Register guests into the computer, verifying reservation, address, and credit information. Promote “preferred” guest program and provide recognition and benefits to all current members.
- Accept payment for guests’ accounts both at the time of registration and at checkout.
- Maintain a house bank and make a deposit and accurate report of receipts daily.
- Follow all CASH HANDLING PROCEDURES without errors
- Follow all ROOM KEY PROCEDURES without exception
- Post miscellaneous charges as requested.
- Promptly respond to and resolve guest complaints
- Answer telephone promptly and properly being polite, courteous, and friendly
- Be friendly, thorough, accurate and efficient in taking reservations
- Be friendly, thorough, accurate and efficient in performing Check-ins
- Be friendly, thorough, accurate and efficient in performing Check-outs
- Use the guests’ names
- Be knowledgeable and helpful about the local area, the hotel and hotel services
- Handle messages, wake-up calls, mail, and faxes properly
- Assist guests’ with laundry/dry cleaning needs
- Know of incoming VIPs
- Follow all applicable Company Standard Operating Procedures.
-Verifies all information on reservations check-in; name, address, method of payment, etc.
-Retrieves proper name and address verification and proper approval codes for cash and credit card paying customers
-Identifies and records special billing instructions and notifies accounting
-Completes shift closing accurately by getting appropriate approval signatures and authorization codes
-Adheres to hotel policies regarding the use of cash banks
- Stays current with developments in the hotel by reviewing the communication log book each shift; updates log book for next shift
- Report potential sales contacts to the sales department
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meeting is required.
Upon employment, all associates are required to fully comply with Company rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel facilities. Associates who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Book reservations for those guests who approach the Front Desk
- Be an enthusiastic, helpful and positive member of the team
- Be professional, responsible and mature in conduct and behavior
- Be understanding of, encouraging to and friendly with all co-workers
- Be self motivated and use time wisely
- Maintain open line of communications with each department
- Communicate pertinent information
- Respond positively to new ideas
- Openly accept critical/developmental feedback
- Report to work on time
- Give adequate notice if going to miss work
- Be available to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
- Maintain effective communication through the use of meetings, log books and bulletins
- Be available to help other departments in emergency situations
- Perform other assignments as directed by the General Manger
- Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company including, but not limited too those contained in the associate handbook.
Safety and Security:
- Properly handle and account for keys and all monies collected
- Be knowledgeable of policies regarding emergency procedures and security concerns
- Ensure protection of guests’ room numbers and identity
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities; General knowledge of the city where hotel is located and its attractions.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Ability to spend extended lengths of time viewing a computer screen.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment.
High School or equivalent education required. Prior experience in a public contact position. Driver’s license with clean MVR.* (*MVR necessity determined by property).
All associates must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Company standards
This job description may be expanded from time to time.
At Kinzie Hotel, we strive to be the employer of choice. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes paid PTO, Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance, as well as participation in our 401K Profit Sharing Plan.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and A Drug Free Workplace. Qualified Applicant must be willing to submit to criminal background check.
Job Type: Full-time
Required work authorization: