Markem-Imaje is a wholly owned subsidiary of the US-based Dover Corporation and is a trusted world manufacturer of product identification and traceability solutions, offering a full line of reliable and innovative inkjet, thermal transfer, laser, and print and apply label systems.
Markem-Imaje provides global reach to over 50,000 customers with 30 subsidiaries, 6 technology centers, several equipment repair centers and manufacturing plants with the most comprehensive marking and coding portfolio available in the marketplace.
Are you a self-motivated, confident, and passionate individual who is excited by the technical challenge and understands the need to support the sales teams and satisfy our customer’s needs?
In this role you’ll be… supporting our sales teams, minimizing the risk of sale, by providing proof of concept and evidence of printer capability to support the sales process.
You’ll have an opportunity to… work in a team and across other MI feasibility centers, linking with the regional sample centers to create proactive trend analysis which will be used by the Sales, Marketing and R&D organizations.
You should possess… education in a technical discipline (software/electrical/mechanical) to allow you to interpret the customer requirements and operate our printers to provide a solution.
Great package including Bonus, CAREER Growth and Great Benefits…
Principal Activities / Duties / Responsibilities:
Education and/or Experience Required:
- Define the MI solution according to the customer’s requirement. Check the quality of the marking with Markem-Imaje (M-I) test methodology and/or as defined by the customer. Perform tests/analysis in line with agreed customer SLA’s.
- Update user tools to facilitate proactive analysis and reporting to the sales organization on new trends in applications or market space to enhance M-I’s competitive advantage.
- Designs and implements lean management principles into day-to-day activities.
- An active member of the global sampling committee
- Carry out customer visits to understand application needs
- Assist management in identifying and implementing changes to improve the effectiveness of the feasibility centers.
- Perform application feasibility analyses for sales opportunities involving vision systems to determine the feasibility, required equipment, and required setup to achieve the objectives of potential vision system projects
- Supply high quality technical feedback (reports) with complete descriptions of solutions including benefits and weaknesses of each solution tested.
- Work closely with Application Engineering to properly define the scope of work for complex projects, and fully align testing and feasibility priorities with the priorities of the Business Unit.
- Assist Applications Engineering in preparing for the deployment of complex projects by performing and documenting informal factory acceptance testing.
- Occasionally performing customer visits to assist Applications Engineering in defining project requirements and developing solution sets.
Educational and/or Previous experience in Software, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering. 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing/support facility, and experience with Six Sigma principles, continuous improvement, problem solving or lean management. Must have the ability to work in a team environment and be self driven. Professional communication both written and verbal, required.
Located near Atlanta, Kennesaw provides a wealth of community activities, with numerous restaurants, shopping and housing options available along with the advantage of being part of a fast growing major metropolitan area.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.