New York Life, established in 1845, is one of the most respected and successful companies in America and internationally. Headquartered in New York City, New York Life's family of companies offers life insurance, retirement income products, and long-term care insurance. New York Life Investment Management LLC provides institutional asset management and retirement plan services. Other New York Life affiliates provide an array of securities products and services, as well as institutional and retail mutual funds.
New York Life offers you not just another job, but career possibilities!
You do not need sales, business development, marketing, or insurance experience to begin your road to success in this role! All you need is passion and a desire to make a difference. Our comprehensive training program will help give you the tools you need to succeed and create the career success you envision.
We are looking for people who possess the following background/characteristics:
- Highly self-motivated and self-disciplined with the ability to work effectively with little or no supervision
- Outgoing personality with the ability to develop relationships (i.e., “People Person")
- Fearless, positive attitude and willingness to be accountable for results
- Organized, detail-oriented and excellent time-management skills
- Desire for continuous learning
- Good communicator—excellent listening skills and ability to explain complex information in a simple and concise manner
Here is what distinguishes this opportunity with New York Life:
- Career Advancement: Continue to build your own business or, if qualified, move into management – the choice is up to you. Criteria for management are defined and quantifiable.
- Training: NYLIC University: our comprehensive and well-respected training program.
- Constant Support: During and after formal training, you will receive continuous assistance from your manager and peers in your region and across the country to help you succeed. On-site trainers and product consultants are available to you, and this is coupled with an entire division within the company located in the Home Office dedicated to providing agents with prospecting and sales ideas, product knowledge, and application -- we want our new agents to be successful!
At New York Life, we strive to be the best every day, the same as you. Here are just a few of our recent recognitions:
- Ranked #71 on the Fortune 100 list, Fortune magazine, 2018
- Fortune magazine’s list of World’s Most Admired Companies in 2018.
- Top 70 Companies For Executive Women by the National Association for Female Executives (NAFE) for 2018.
- No 1 company for Latinas to work (Latina Style Magazine 2019)
- For the sixth year in a row, our company was named one of DiversityInc’s Top 50 Companies For Diversity for 2018, ranking 22nd on this prestigious list.
- Training magazine’s Training Top 125 ranking for 2018, a ranking of a company’s excellence in employer-sponsored training and development programs.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- How long have you lived in Austin or the Metroplex area?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Work from home
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
Insurance License Required:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
Company's Facebook page:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19