We have an opening for an entry level Paralegal to join our team in our New York, NY office. The paralegal will work independently to assist lawyers and provide support to the Insurance Regulatory Team serving clients in London, Europe and Bermuda.
It is essential that this person be a self-starter and able to work well both in a team environment as well as independently. This role is expected to be a substantive contributor to the outcomes described and must ensure that client service and client satisfaction are attained in all areas. In accordance with the Firm’s Client Service Initiatives, a Corporate and Securities Paralegal must consistently display good judgment and have effective interpersonal communications. Confidentiality and discretion are required consistently.
- Assist attorneys located in New York, Philadelphia, and London in international and national regulatory filings and applications for U.S. insurer clients
- Assist in the application for and maintain insurers’ and re-insurers’ approvals and licenses to do business in the U.S. and various Latin American countries
- Monitor and report on state legislative and national regulatory activity
- Interact via phone and email on a daily basis with clients, state and foreign regulators, and U.S. banks
- Organize, index, file and maintain documents and other material in various media formats
- Proofread forms and other documents
- Document time spent on tasks
- Assist attorneys in research
The statements contained in this job description are not necessarily all-inclusive; additional duties may be assigned and requirements may vary from time to time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong research and investigative skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills with strong attention to detail, as well as the ability to prioritize and coordinate work
- Ability to work with detailed information accurately and efficiently
- Advanced computer and software skills (Microsoft Office Suite [Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.])
- Ability to take initiative and be proactive; willing to accept ownership of projects and be successful in driving those projects, as well as daily tasks, to a successful conclusion.
- Ability to work with a team as well as independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work productively and cooperatively with attorneys, insurance regulators in all 50 states, and a diverse group of non-U.S. clients
- Candidate should be highly motivated, a self-starter who is able to handle a variety of projects that require tight deadlines.
- Ability to adjust and adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to interact with people in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact and professionalism.
- Exhibits clear and concise telephone and email etiquette.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with people in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact and professionalism
- Candidate must quickly grasp the goals, service, culture and strategy of both the department and the firm overall
- Candidate must conduct him/herself professionally in appearance and actions; must set a positive example for all personnel.
- Adhere to and serve as a role model for the firm’s Client Service Standards.
- Flexibility for travel and overtime required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Four (4) year college degree in any discipline.
- Fluency in speaking and reading Spanish and/or French is a plus, but not required.
- Degree or certificate in Paralegal Studies is a plus, but not required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we offer an excellent total compensation package, which includes medical/dental coverage (PPO/HD), vision care, life insurance, short and long-term disability plans, 401(k) with employer match, paid vacation/holiday/sick days, wellness programs and more.
TO APPLY: Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, for consideration.
Job Type: Full-time