Since 1982 Wright Investments has been an award-winning leader in the hospitality field both as an owner and a third-party manager. Our successful hotel properties provide significant financial returns for ownership, quality experiences for our guests and rewarding professional careers for our employees. The foundation of our success is the relationships we build with our employees, our guests and our financial partners.
Wright Investments / Hospitality Management Advisors, Inc., is currently recruiting for the position of Guest Service Manager for our Hotel Indigo property located in downtown Memphis, TN.
Wright Investments / Hospitality Management Advisors is currently recruiting for a:
Guest Services Manager - Hotel Indigo
Manage guest services department to ensure high level of guest service and guest satisfaction as related to guest services; ensure policies and procedures are adhered to as established by hotel, company, and / or brand standards; engages team-members and leads through creative techniques including inspiring, training, coaching, providing constructive feedback, as well as employee recognition.
- Direct and maintain front office standards regarding guest satisfaction and front office procedures, including night audit and valet parking services.
- Maximize guest service opportunities and increase / maintain guest satisfaction scores.
- Respond to and resolve all guest issues in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Maintain inventory and supplies and adhere to all inventory cost controls.
- Complete work schedules based on forecasted occupancy and monitor payroll expenses, adjusting if necessary.
- Meet or exceed budgeted departmental profit, taking an active role in forecasting and preparing the annual departmental budget.
- Review daily expected arrivals and check all VIP and special request reservations to ensure that they are pre-registered, blocked properly and other departments are notified of room assignment.
- Maintain constant communication with other hotel departments.
- Have a working knowledge of night audit responsibilities and procedures.
- Have a working knowledge of valet parking services responsibilities and procedures.
- Oversee the retail market operation.
- Maintain and uphold all company and brand policies and brand procedures and implement controls as necessary.
- Create a positive and motivating work environment for all employees by encouraging, inspiring, training, and developing.
- Minimum three (3) years of prior hotel guest service experience, including knowledge of reservations and night audit procedures.
- Primarily indoors or within hotel facilities.
- Requires significant walking and standing for entire shift.
- Some light lifting required.
- Very light / infrequent stretching, climbing, bending, stooping or squatting.
Medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, 401(k), Flexible Spending Account, employer-sponsored life insurance, long-term and short-term disability, voluntary life insurance, vacation, paid holidays.
Wright Investments / Hospitality Management Advisors, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and performs background checks, MVR (driving) checks, credit checks (if applicable,) reference checks, and participates in E-Verify.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $45,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekends as needed
- Hotel & Accommodations Guest Services Staff: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person