The Identity and Access Engineer will be responsible for working with the operations and engineering teams around the strategic, tactical, and improvement of the global identity, password and secrets management platforms. The individual will be evaluating processes regularly to ensure expected outcomes are achieved in the most efficient way along with identifying service improvements and document those improvements. Help ensure standards and processes are followed.
1. Ability to utilize background knowledge to conduct root cause problem solving
2. Oversee global identity passwords and secrets management platforms, including engineering, administrations, and operations/operations guidance
3. Ensure systems are monitored for uptime and availability
4. Create/Update documentation regarding configuration and operational procedures
5. Create/Update documentation regarding high availability and disaster recovery, prove effectiveness of DR plan
6. Collaborate and plan with peer platform engineering and operations teams to ensure broad and appropriate usage of the password and secrets management platforms
7. Create and maintain knowledge base articles that can be used by operations for troubleshooting
8. Manage service accounts and password rotations
9. Work closely with Security and other stakeholders responsible for establishing governance, policies, requirements and tooling related to IAM / PAM functions
10. Partner with engineering and operational stakeholders to serve as an expert and trusted adviser in designing and providing systems that facilitate user provisioning/de-provisioning, authentication/authorization, and reporting based on business needs, industry best practices, and compliance / regulatory requirements
11. Participate as needed in IAM operational support
12. Produce metrics and reporting to demonstrate program capability and effectiveness.
13. Perform other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or similar
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in system administration in an enterprise production environment
- Experience configuring, developing, and deploying scalable enterprise applications and platform around virtualization, cloud, storage, compute, database and networks
- Experience integrating IAM applications with common identity stores (LDAP, active directory, relational databases, application servers, universal directory)
- Experience implementing enterprise Identity Access Management(IAM) and/or Privilege Access Management(PAM) (e.g., Sailpoint, Okta, CyberArk, Beyond Trust)
- Experience with scripting ( Powershell, Python, Unix Shell Scripts, Java)
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time and to ensure that overall priorities are being met
- Strong presentation and communication skills, ability to interface with internal and external groups
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to articulate issues and solutions
- Legal right to work in the United States.
Sterling, Virginia, VA