Reporting to Business Manager, the Courier's function is to provide pick-up and delivery service of all finished printed products, proofs and other supplies offered by Repro Graphics to University clients on/off campus including UCD Health System located in Sacramento. The incumbent also provides back up support to Bindery operations and may be assigned other tasks by the supervisor.
Position requires lifting up to 50 lbs, i.e., package printed materials as well as boxed papers.
Valid CA Driver's license required.
Position will participate in the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Pull Notice System. A copy of DMV record will be required as a final condition of employment.
Employee is personally responsible for following health and safety guidelines/instructions.
Work occasional overtime.
UCD is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) will be strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.
Background Check Required:
This position is a critical position and subject to a background check. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history and identity checks.
- Experience working as a delivery person driving delivery vans, in highly populated, pedestrian and Bicycle environment.
- Skill to organize work effectively to achieve timely progress on multiple tasks, meeting deadlines and maintaining a high level of productivity.
- Experience to identify delivery locations, organize packages and prioritize delivery route.
- Knowledge of California Vehicle Code and regulations pertaining to operation of a vehicle.
- Working knowledge of current driving and safety laws.
- Experience using all freight handling equipment such as hand-truck, dollies, etc.
- Experience working under deadlines and remaining communicative and flexible when encountering challenges.
- Experience working with customers providing information and problem resolution.
- Skills to follow detailed instructions both written and orally.
- Skill to use basic math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Experience using personal computers and applications using hand held devices such as mobile phones.
- Knowledge of campus department locations.
- Knowledge of established procedures for handling confidential materials.
- Skill to package materials.
- Skill to set-up, adjust and operate various bindery equipment and to complete hand bindery tasks requiring manual dexterity.