A Northwest leader in protecting animals since 1967, the Progressive Animal Welfare Society (PAWS) shelters homeless animals, rehabilitates injured and orphaned wildlife, and empowers people to demonstrate compassion and respect for animals in their daily lives.
Position Title: Administrative Assistant (Part-time, 15 hours/week/2-3 days per week)
Purpose of Position:
This position provides support to PAWS’ administrative, finance, and Human Resources staff as they carry out day-to-day organizational operations.
Duties and responsibilities:
In accordance with organizational policies, duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative support including general clerical, printing/copying, scheduling appointments and meetings.
- Complete projects and tasks of varying degrees of complexity that are associated with administration, bookkeeping and finance, I.T., and human resources.
- Provide general staff support for staff and committee meetings, including securing and preparing venue, inviting and coordinating participants, preparing meeting materials and audio/visual needs, organizing refreshments, and completing meeting minutes as needed.
- Create and update spreadsheets, reports, and presentations as needed.
- Order supplies and complete general office duties to support the day-to-day operation of the agency.
- Support other agency staff with miscellaneous tasks as needed to cover for vacancies and time off.
- Other duties as assigned, including special projects that may arise.
- Ability to support agency events as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Controls over work:
The Administrative Assistant works under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer and is expected to pursue the established duties with minimum direct supervision.
Written performance evaluations will be given after the first 90 days of employment and annually thereafter.
Work may require long periods of sitting at a desk using a computer or other office equipment.
- High School Diploma/GED and a minimum of two years of demonstrated work experience in administration. Preference will be given to applicants with non-profit administration experience.
- Bachelor’s degree/equivalent preferred.
- Experience working with management staff and external parties preferred.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications required; additional computer, database and network experience a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to represent the mission, goals and policies of PAWS.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask while maintaining accuracy; ability to manage multiple projects and shifting priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must maintain high level of confidentiality and have a tactful, mature, sincere, and professional attitude.
- Exceptional customer service skills and working in a fast paced work environment.
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid Washington driver’s license with no major or repeated minor traffic offenses and auto-insurance with required coverage limits.
- Must be willing to work in a dog–friendly office.
Note: Under the provisions of the Immigration and Reform Act of 1986, the successful candidate will be required to provide both evidence of identity and eligibility for employment.
All Offers of Employment are Conditional, based on successful completion of reference and background checks.
How to apply:
Please submit a Completed PAWS Employment Application at http://www.paws.org/about/employment/, Resume, and a Cover Letter stating why you are interested in this position and what makes you uniquely qualified.
PAWS - Administrative Assistant Position
PO Box 1037
Lynnwood, WA 98046
This position will remain open until filled.
Job Type: Part-time
- administrative: 2 years (Required)