Labor and Delivery Nurse - Assignment
As a Labor and Delivery RN, you will be responsible for providing direct and individualized nursing care to patients. This assignment is for NYC Health + Hospitals located in New York, NY.
We are looking for a caring, dedicated Labor and Delivery Nurses to join our team of physicians, midwives, and other professionals in caring for women during their pregnancy, labor, and birth. The Labor and Delivery Nurse assists the physician or midwife with all aspects of pregnancy and birth, assists surgeons during caesarian sections, and cares for women who experience complications with their pregnancies or birthing processes.
To be a successful Labor and Delivery Nurse, you should be meticulous with strong attention to detail. You should be caring, compassionate, and knowledgeable on all aspects of pregnancy, labor, and birth, as well as post-pregnancy care, complications, and treatments.
- Meeting with expectant mothers for prenatal visits and providing care for normal and problematic pregnancies.
- Teaching childbirth preparation classes.
- Providing information, guidance, and hands-on clinical care to pregnant women.
- Monitoring fetal heartbeat and length and strength of contractions during labor.
- Coaching women, assisting with any complications, and administering medications during birth.
- Performing tests on newborns after birth.
- Providing guidance to new mothers on all aspects of recovery and infant care.
- Using equipment and administering medications related to labor, delivery, and the care of newborns.
- Active unencumbered RN license
- A willingness to continue nursing and obstetric training.
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a Registered Nurse in labor and delivery.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Overall weekly amount: $4,795 +
- NYC Health + Hospitals system
- Pay: $60/hour and $90/hour for overtime
- Duration: 12 week assignment, possible option to extend
- Shifts: minimum of 4 shifts required
- Paid Weekly
- General and Professional Liability coverage
- Worker Compensation coverage
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance available from first day of employment
- Travel to/from NYC reimbursed (flight or mileage)
- $150 daily stipend for food/transportation/incidentals. Weekly amount: $1050
- Lodging provided or $625/week housing stipend
- Completion Bonus up to $5,000
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $60.00 - $90.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Labor & Delivery Nurse: 1 year (Required)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
Company's Facebook page: