Requisition id: 18444
Sealed Air Corporation is a knowledge-based company focused on packaging solutions that help our customers achieve their sustainability goals in the face of today’s biggest social and environmental challenges. Our portfolio of widely recognized brands, including Cryovac® brand food packaging solutions and Bubble Wrap® brand cushioning, enable a safer and less wasteful food supply chain and protect valuable goods shipped around the world. Sealed Air generated $4.5 billion in sales in 2017 and has approximately 15,000 employees who serve customers in 122 countries. To learn more, visit www.sealedair.com.
This position includes but is not limited to the following duties and responsibilities:
Ability to be trained and operate critical to quality equipment to ensure all equipment is producing within the required SOCs. Checks to include, but are not limited to, the following:
Emveco testing-Thickness test.
Dyne line test-Test for treatment.
Layer Gauge test-Measure and record layers.
COF Test-Co-efficiency test
Opacity test-Color test
Seal and De-lamination test –Strength or Seal test
Visual test for defects
Understanding proper EAT or standard operating procedures (SOP)
Ability to use SAP to review quality data
Ensure proper labeling of all samples
Understand and follow the impound procedures
Audits and projects as assigned
Understand an ISRA or DR Schenk vision system and be able to adjust as necessary to identify substandard product in a timely manner and safely manufacture a quality product
- Perform positive release of in-process materials by using collected data
- Verify manufacturing documents for completion and accuracy compared to specifications while on the production line
- Verify defect containment data per specifications
- Verify Special Instructions for materials if applicable
- Perform lab tests to verify operator’s results
- Participate in customer and regulatory audits as required
- Maintain quality documentation related to operations
- Revise and modify procedures as needed
- Develop and manage required reports for meetings and projects
- Participate in Daily Integration Meetings and update graphs/charts
- Make real time decisions on Quality and communicating those decisions throughout the organization
- Performs his/her work in a safe manner, observing all safety rules to assure adequate protection of all employees
- Reports to the proper personnel when factors affecting quality, safety, or output appear to be out of control
- Abides by the plant break policies as prescribed by department SOP’s or protocols
- Performs other job duties as directed by his/her supervisor
Job Description Cont.
Will work a continuous shift schedule, assigned to either a day shift or a night shift.
That schedule works 12 hour days, scheduled 3 days one week and 4 days the next week in a two week pattern.
Every other week includes Friday, Saturday, Sunday off.
Day shift: 7 A to 7 P
Night Shift 7 P to 7A
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors or Associate level college degree OR
- Two or more years of formal education combined with two or more years of related Quality work experience OR
- 5+ years experience performing Quality Audits in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to mine and review data and make decisions based on data presented
- Familiarity with working around forklifts and other industrial equipment
- Possess the ability to accurately read documentation and charts/graphs
- Detail oriented, extremely accurate data entry
- Possess the ability to successfully complete specific assignments which must be accomplished under considerable time pressure.
- Work equally well individually or in a team situation.
- Ability to make decisions and effectively communicate decision to the shop floor and upper management
- Be able to follow and give high regard to safety rules and housekeeping procedures
- Computer skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Knowledge of SAP is preferred
- Pass pre-employment screening tests
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. Sealed Air participates in the E-Verify Program (US sites only).
Nearest Major Market:
Technician, Housekeeping, Maintenance, ERP, Technology, Hospitality, Healthcare, Manufacturing