Dallas/ LA Century City office is looking for a paralegal to assist its Real Estate Financial Services Department, Bankruptcy and Restructuring practice group.
- Prepare and file pleading, including electronic filing in various courts (bankruptcy, US District Courts and state courts)
- Draft routine documents, including but not limited to Notice of Appearances, Proof of Claims, Civil Information Sheets, etc.
- Review and analyze documents
- Assist with all aspects of the bankruptcy process
- Record documents with various agencies either electronically or by mail
- Preparation and filing of UCC-1 and UCC-3 filing statements
- Research (statues, procedural rules, land searches, Secretary of State websites, etc.)
- Coordinate and publish legal notices
- Assist with cases pending in various states, including, but not limited to, Arizona, California, Texas, Georgia and Tennessee.
- Order and review title work
- Analyze title and exception documents
- Perform, review and analyze lien searches
- Experience in the bankruptcy, Chapter 11, foreclosure and loan enforcement process
- Litigation experience is helpful.
- Ability to effectively set priorities, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects for several attorneys
- Ability to search database programs and online databases
- Ability to organize, summarize and/or categorize documents
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptionally well organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities; flexible
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to interact with all levels of firm personnel, clients, other counsel and vendors
- Ability to troubleshoot and create solutions
- Paralegal Certificate/degree or degree in legal related studies (required) with Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
- Two years’ paralegal experience
Job Type: Full-time
- bankruptcy: 2 years (Preferred)
- Paralegal: 2 years (Required)
- Paralegal Certificate (Required)