Would you like to be a part of a dynamic, purpose-driven culture? Come join our growing team at Dewey’s Bakery!
Dating back to 1930, Dewey’s Bakery’s artisan heritage is still apparent in each and every of the company’s gourmet products. Located in the foothills of North Carolina, Dewey’s Bakery specializes in time-honored recipes and distinctive products that are made with original recipes, baked in the homemade tradition, and use only the finest ingredients from around the world. We are also known for being a terrific place to work, to grow one’s career, and to excel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serve as primary sales contact for key private label accounts.
- Meet with key account buyers as needed to maintain and grow their business, present new items, serve as liaison on potential new item development.
- Manage network of private label brokers/distributors across the U.S., including establishing sales goals and measurement tools, as well as conducting ongoing performance reviews.
- Collaborate with marketing on customer marketing ideas/execution, communication to key accounts, and trade shows and event planning.
- Work with the customer service group on annual sales planning, customer management, new business strategies, etc.
- Oversee development and execution of strategic promotional plans/demos for key accounts.
- Develop new business opportunities for Salem Baking branded and private label.
- Work with financial analysis group to develop pricing and merchandising strategies.
- Collaborate with product development on potential new item ideas and development.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related area and 10 years sales experience.
- Specialty food, CPG and/or retail experience preferred
- Experience in all aspects of developing and maintaining key sales strategies
- Business development experience
- Proven experience in customer management and market insights
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Excellent formal presentation skills