Established in 1902, L.B. Foster Company, is a leading manufacturer, fabricator, and distributor of products for the transportation, construction, utility, and energy markets. We have recently been recognized for achievement in manufacturing excellence, financial growth, and our impressive safety record. The corporation owns divisions and subsidiaries that supply products to industries requiring rail and rail accessories; sheet, pipe and H piling; bridge decking and highway products; precast concrete buildings; and threaded and coated pipe. L.B. Foster markets its products worldwide. At L.B. Foster, our culture reflects our passion for integrity, accountability and safety. This culture is built on the quality of our work force and a positive attitude toward continuous improvement, working in a safe environment and customer service.
The Field Services Technician is responsible for providing field service support for LB Foster Friction Management customers.
- Installation, maintenance, troubleshooting / repair and customer training support provided for all LB Foster products.
- Liaison with external customers and internal company departments for product development and relationship-building initiatives.
- Ability to work outdoors on railway tracks under a variety of weather conditions.
- Travel extensively on a weekly basis throughout North America. Some weekend travel required.
- Responsible for managing personal travel expense account, individual or company-supplied mechanics tools, company-issued credit cards where applicable Requirements: • Current Driver’s License
- Travel up to 65%, some internationally (must have or be able to obtain a valid passport)
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds Skills, Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma required; trade school, journeyman or certificate preferred
- Prior hydraulic, mechanical, pneumatic, electrical, and schematics reading experience.
- Allen Bradley PLC troubleshooting experience preferred.
- Strong communication (verbal and computer) and time management skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- A high degree of reliability, professionalism and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision are critical attributes for this position.
- Sound technical writing skills for work report submissions.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Team Player – Must be able to work as part of a team as well as an individual