This position is part of the TX USPFO, USPFO, and is located in Austin, Camp Mabry, Texas. The purpose of this position is to oversee one or more product lines, a segment of a large warehouse, or serve as the senior employee in a smaller warehouse or supply facility.
Texas National Guard Job Opportunities
Appointment Factor(s): This is an Excepted Service position that requires active membership in a compatible military assignment in the Texas Army National Guard and wear of the military uniform. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Texas Army National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Texas Army National Guard. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please visit or contact a Texas Army National Guard recruiter before applying for this position.
Areas of Consideration: Nationwide Excepted. This includes:
- All currently employed full-time permanent, indefinite, and temporary personnel of the Texas Army National Guard.
- All current members of the Army National Guard and individuals eligible for membership in the Texas Army National Guard.Incentives: Acceptance of a military Federal technician position may result in termination and / or repayment of military incentives. Please check your contract and contact your servicing Education Services (Incentives) office or the Recruiting/Retention office.
Rank Spread: E-1/PVT through E-7/SFC
- The Texas National Guard is an Equal Opportunity employer.
- Veterans' preference is not applicable to this position.
- This is a Bargaining Unit position.
- Compressed Work Schedule: 4-10 TUES through FRI 0630-1700
As a MATERIALS HANDLER with the Texas Army National Guard, your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
The full Position Description (PD) can be found at the following link:
- Performs a full range of warehousing activities to include receiving, storing, selecting and shipping bulk and bin materials and equipment.
- Coordinates incoming and outgoing shipments and placement of materials within docking area.
- Prepares inventory and production reports, screens and identifies shipping and receiving documents for discrepancies, and directs shipments to shipping or storage areas.
- Identifies, examines, classifies, accepts and disposes of a wide variety of materials and property including electronic equipment, aircraft and automotive components and assemblies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel may be required for this position.
- Job family (Series)
6907 Materials Handler
Conditions of Employment
- Texas Army National Guard Membership is required.
- Direct deposit is mandatory.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
Compatible military grade and assignment required prior to the effective date of placement . This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
Need not have MOS to apply. Upon selection, individuals must be assigned to a compatible military duty position in accordance with statutes and National Guard Bureau regulations and must obtain/maintain all requirements of the MOS within one year of appointment.
Compatible Military Assignments:
Enlisted CMF: 91
Enlisted MOS: 25B, 36B, 51C, 88M, 88N, 89A, 89B, 92A, 92F, 92G, 92Y
To be considered for qualification, your resume must include relevant experience with beginning and ending dates of employment/experience reflecting the following:
Specialized Experience Required
To qualify at the WG - 6 grade level, your resume must include relevant experience with beginning and ending dates of employment/experience reflecting 9 months experience or training in receiving, packaging, and preparation for shipment. Experience in compiling reports, overall warehouse planning, documentation requirements, and accepted warehousing methods, procedures and techniques. Experience in setting up and rotating storage locations considering factors such as life expectancy, available space, product turnover, etc.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency ( https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx ).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Background checks and security clearance
Q - Sensitive
- Required Documents
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your resume should include the following for related positions held:
2. Other supporting documents : If applicable, please submit your most recent SF-50.
- Work schedule (ex. Full-time, part-time, intermittent)
- Hours worked per week
- To and From dates (ex. MM/YYYY - MM/YYYY)
- Duties performed
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits .
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.