Director of Staff Development (DSD) for premier nursing facility. There is a great DSD currently in place, who has the department up to date, and is ready to hand the reigns to a new DSD, as she is being promoted to a new position. Come join our winning team!
Our Mission: We are professionals committed to serving others, nurturing life, and promoting an individual’s ability to thrive.
Provides new employee onboarding, orientation, and the ongoing training necessary to ensure staff have all the information, skills, education and knowledge necessary to safely perform assigned duties. The DSD must lead by example in a kind, positive, encouraging and professional manner, and monitors the activities of nursing staff ensuring quality care that complies with all laws, regulations and company policies. May also direct infection prevention and control programs/policies.
Qualifications: If you meet the below – please apply!
- Valid LVN or RN license, in good standing
- Minimum 2 years’ experience providing direct care to multiple residents in a similar work environment
- Minimum 1 year experience developing and delivering training, and supervising/leading staff members
- Proven understanding of CA long-term care regulations, practices, procedures, terminology, staffing requirements and laws that govern the industry
- Outstanding communication (oral and written) skills
- Ability to remain kind, professional and calm in all communication and work situations
- Plans, organizes, develops and directs all educational programs and on-the-job training throughout the facility and in accordance with all laws, regulations and company policies
- Maintains (verifies and updates) all certifications, licenses, training, orientation, employee records/files as per laws, regulations, standards and policies
- Ensures all pre-employment screening/testing requirements are met (physicals, drug testing, reference and background checks, etc. as needed)
- Works collaboratively (with other Department Leaders) and independently on policy development, updates, and training as needed or as directed by Administrator
- Coordinates monthly/yearly calendars for in-services and other employment required activities (vaccinations, certifications, etc.), communicating them to all affected parties
- Follows all safety and infection prevention requirements and policies, reporting any/all exposures, hazards, injuries, patient change in status, etc. timely
- Continually evaluates and improves programs and training aids, keeping facility compliant and updated on legal, regulatory and best practices as they change
- Competitive pay
- Health Benefits – Medical, dental, and vision coverages with company paying majority of costs for Medical HMO (with buy up plan options available)
- 401(k) with company match (company match begins after 1 year of service)
- Company paid Life and disability insurance
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Holiday)
- Employee Assistance program
- Identity Theft and Travel insurance protections
- Bene-Hub employee sponsored discount programs and more….
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
\*Benefits available to full-time employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- San Francisco, CA 94116: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location