Monday – Friday, day hours
- Provides original descriptive cataloging of all formats of library materials (print and non-print/fiction and nonfiction for juvenile, young adult and adult); prepares and submits reports of activities as required.
- Interprets and applies Library of Congress subject headings, AACR2 and RDA core standards, and the Dewey Decimal System.
- Assists with the creation of Library cataloging standards and practices.
- Answers colleague questions dealing with cataloging standards and call numbers.
- Maintains currency on emerging standards, technologies and processes in the cataloging field.
- Provides copy cataloging by performing complex editing to improve, enhance, and adapt bibliographic records according to guidelines in all subject areas and languages.
- Participates in Library meetings, committees and/or organizations that further the Library’s mission and goals.
- Maintains quality control of records in the library’s catalog; performs special database maintenance projects as needed.
- Conducts research utilizing a variety of resources.
- Discusses cataloging specs and processing issues with vendors.
- Promotes and supports the overall mission of the Library by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Position Number 1068, 1105 FLSA Exempt Hourly Minimum 18.67 Required Qualifications
- Driver’s License.
- State of Indiana Public Librarian Certification.
Preferred Skills & Abilities Compensation
This position pays an annual rate of $38,841.71 and up based on comparable and related experience. Health, dental, vision, life and long-term disability plans. Cumulative sick leave. Library-paid retirement fund. Personal business leave. Four weeks of vacation. Deferred compensation plan (457). Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Variety of voluntary insurance plans. Flexible spending account. Wellness participation bonus, gym membership reimbursement. Free parking. Relocation Allowance.
Mobility to work in an office setting, use standard office equipment and stamina to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screens; and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Number of Vacancies 2
Desired Start Date 01/27/2020
Position End Date
Open Date 12/03/2019
Close Date 12/30/2019
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants