SUMMARY: Provides general support to the areas of trust, portfolio management and financial planning. Effectively communicates and provides updates to clients on administrative issues. Executes on administrative deliverables, as well as investment aspects of client accounts under the general direction and approval of Portfolio Manager. Collaborates with key internal partners and colleagues to deliver a seamless client experience and an optimal level of client service. May identify and capitalize on opportunities to expand and retain client relationships. Performs other duties as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides general administrative support to assigned Portfolio Officer and/or Fiduciary Wealth Advisor(s) and other key partners within the Trust/Wealth Management team in support and execution of GB&T’s Trust and Wealth Management Division’s Sales, Client Service Delivery and Retention process.
- Contributes to excellence in the client experience through collaboration, coordination, accountability and general administrative responsibility within scope of authority of all client activities with GB&T’s Trust and Wealth Management colleagues, as well as third service providers. Follows-up and ensures that activities are seen through to completion with proactive communication (i.e. acknowledge requests, estimated time of completion and confirmation).
Acts as the liaison between the client, internal partners, and other centralized support teams (such as Trust Operations and Bank).
- Provides support to assigned Portfolio Officer and/or Fiduciary Wealth Advisor(s) with meeting preparation for Relationships Reviews.
- Assists with research, preparation and support for periodic Account/Relationship Reviews for Reg9.
- Assists with executing trades and other investment programs under the general direction and approval of assigned
Officer and/or Advisor.
- Prepares various reports, correspondence, technical documents and special projects as requested.
- Monitors accounts for overdrafts and un-invested cash on a daily basis. Keeps assigned Portfolio Officer and/or Fiduciary Wealth Advisor informed of necessary money movements and transactions.
- Adheres to compliance activities/support of all compliance and reporting activities according to the standard set by the line of business on behalf of self and assigned Portfolio Officer and/or Family Wealth Advisors, including but not limited to account opening, Reg. 9, as well as monthly compliance reporting and meetings.
- Establishes and maintain orderly record keeping system ensuring maintenance of confidential account files and special reports.
- Maintains compliance with all dual control functions, internal policies and procedures as well as with regulatory
- Performs day-to-day functions on assigned accounts accurately and within prescribed deadlines (i.e., account coding changes including address changes, power-holders, workflows, raising cash, UPAIA adjustments, call backs for cash disbursements as per policy, bill pay, fee changes, gifting, transactions, movement of money between income and principal on fiduciary accounts, discretionary distributions, Required Minimum Distributions).
- Assists with the workflow associated with Revocation/Removal, Date/Event Triggered Terminations.
- Assists with the workflow associated with onboarding of new client relationships
Build and maintain strong client contact and provide sales support:
- Follows-up on client issues and relay information to clients through correspondence, telephone communications and conferences.
- Assists assigned Portfolio Officer and/or Fiduciary Wealth Advisor(s) with scheduling and planning client meetings
(in person and telephonically), record activity i.e. client contact, post meeting follow-up and client relationship reviews; etc.
- Proactively resolves client requests and refers complex inquiries to assigned Portfolio Officer and/or Fiduciary
- Provides backup and support for other members of the Team.
- Serves as a resource for the team on identified processing situations and/or other projects, as needed
Operational and Compliance Activities:
- Understand and comply with all corporate policies and procedures regarding compliance with laws and
regulations governing anti-money laundering activities, know your customer requirements and suspicious activity reporting.
- Complete all assigned role-specific compliance coursework in a timely manner.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field; three years of previous investment or trust/wealth management
client service experience; or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- General knowledge and understanding of fiduciary, investment and/or financial products and services.
- Demonstrated proficiency and effectiveness in client service skills (including handling client/prospect and
Center of Influence (COI) inquiries and relationships), communication skills (including verbal, phone and written), and problem resolution skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency and effectiveness in organizational skills including the ability to balance multiple requests and prioritize tasks in an efficient manner or order to support multiple people.
- Ability to interact effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- PC proficient including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
All candidates for hire will undergo a credit and criminal background check. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Grove Bank & Trust is a drug-free workplace and an AA/Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Female/Veteran/Disability.