Auto req ID:
Uses fundamental engineering concepts, practices, and procedures to analyze operational data/methods, identify performance improvement opportunities, and/or implement technology systems that meet business objectives. Detailed summary in the areas of INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER & PROCESS: Provides analysis, reporting tools, and engineering support for FedEx Ground field operations to effectively control and/or justify operational costs.
- Analyzes performance data within engineering. Utilizes engineering tools and software to analyze data and answers basic engineering questions. • Researches, analyzes, and effectively consolidates technical or engineering related information and presents for management review. • Prepares, with management guidance, accurate expenditure proposals and/or cost justification analysis. • Formulates and presents document research, progress, and results to team members and internal customers. • Applies project management fundamentals and concepts with management guidance. Develops progress reports, meeting minutes, and field communication memos for management review. • Participates in Control Self Monitoring (CSM) and/or Business Control Self-Assessment (BCSA) process within area of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical or quantitative degree (e.g. mathematics) required; in addition to Minimum Experience, high school diploma or GED and four (4) years experience in applicable technical area is accepted in lieu of degree. Preferred disciplines may be needed in the areas of: INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER & PROCESS: • Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Logistics, or related field preferred.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
- Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications. • Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of management. • Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals. • Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals. • Ability to analyze, review, and make recommendations.
Other Job Description Information
This position is in the Ground Solutions Engineering group. The selected candidate will work with operations and other engineering departments to develop shipper specific solutions to meet customer expectations while maintaining the lowest possible cost.
% of Travel for the Position:
- Experience using Excel, Access, SQL, SAS, Business Intelligence software (Tableau, Spotfire, etc.), or other data mining tools to analyze, summarize, and present data to reinforce recommendations
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
1000 FedEx Drive