Florida Litigators PLLC is a fast-growing First Party Insurance Claim and Bodily Injury Law Firm based in West Palm Beach Florida. We have built our business upon the foundations of hard work, integrity, and excellence in Client Service, and are seeking additional attorneys of 1-5 years of experience with a desire to learn, grow, and expand with the rest of us here at Florida Litigators.
Responsibilities to include:
- Preparing pleadings, motions, evaluation of findings, preparation of strategies and arguments for the presentation of cases.
- Assisting Lead Attorneys in efficient maintenance of heavy caseload by performing legal research, drafting motions, complaints, pleadings and other litigation documents as required to move cases forward and ensure deadlines are met.
- Assisting Case Managers and other firm staff with miscellaneous matters as requested (ie round-tabling of files, client contact, etc.}
- Timely preparation of and response to discovery in regard to opposing parties.
- Attendance of necessary depositions, mediation, and all other related litigation steps.
- Juris Doctor degree from an ABA accredited university.
- Must be admitted to practice law and in good standing with the Bar of the State of Florida.
- 1-5 Year(s) of Litigation experience in First Party Insurance Litigation, Bodily Injury, or other Civil Law coverage.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, professionalism, and work ethic. Effective Time and Resource Management skills without the need for dedicated oversight.
- Self-motivated, organized and able to interact effectively and compassionately with clients, courts and counsel.
- Excellent legal research, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and produce accurate and meticulous high-quality presentation and Legal Writing solutions.
- Current knowledge of Florida law, causes of actions, liability issues, and damage assessment elements.
- Strong Windows Platform computer skills including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, and familiarity with case management or ticketing software solutions.
- Experience drafting and responding to pleadings, discovery and motions;
- Experience taking and defending depositions;
- Experience arguing case dispositive motions;
- Experience at trial;
- Experience litigating PIP matters;
- Great attitude and ability MUST work well with support staff and take initiative with strong multi-tasking ability.
- A desire to learn and excel at First Party Insurance Claims, Personal Injury, and other Civil Law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year