Full Job Description
The Prosecutor will assist the Pueblo of Zia Police Department and Tribal Officials in enforcing the laws, ordinances and codes of the Pueblo. The Prosecutor will represent the Pueblo during criminal prosecutions in the Pueblo of Zia Tribal Court. The Prosecutor will conduct investigations, research and review cases filed in Tribal Court. The Prosecutor will contact the Police and/or Tribal Officials, as well as any witnesses, victims, and alleged perpetrators to gather evidence which could be used to build a case. Other duties may include law enforcement advisement and Indian Child Welfare Act cases.
Must be licensed to practice law in the State of New Mexico.
Must be in good standing in all jurisdictions the attorney is a member of the Bar.
Must be dependable, trustworthy, maintain confidentiality, and be able to work flexible hours when necessary.
Juris Doctor from an ABA accredited law school.
Must have prosecution and/or trial experience.
Must possess and maintain a valid NM Driver’s License.
Must pass a driver’s license, background, fingerprinting (sensitive positions) and drug screen.
Must maintain a high level of confidentiality and ethical standards.
Interested applicants should submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents, and application to the Administrative Services Department.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $30.00 to $40.00 /hour
- prosecution and/or trial: 1 year (Required)
- Juris Doctor from an ABA accredited law school (Preferred)
- licensed to practice law in the State of New Mexico (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment