This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
This position, through strong partnering with Baxter Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) Leadership and various stakeholders within Baxter, will own global capital processes for approval, planning and reporting, ensuring overall capital guidance is aligned to Leadership goals and sound capital management, and analyzing global manufacturing costs and metrics for actionable recommendations.
This visible position will directly partner with senior leaders in ISC Strategy, Engineering, and Finance teams.This role has oversight for over $500 million in annual capital spend across a 60-Plant global network.
- Lead global capital planning and reporting processes, working with global business partners to communicate expectations and complete the annual operating plan and short-term and long-term forecasts, coordinate capital approvals and compliance with policy regionally and globally
- Perform variance analysis, consolidate and communicate results for reporting and financial planning cycles to ISC Leadership team and other Business Partners
- Provide decision support and financial modeling activities related to Make vs Buy decision for Strategy
- Develop Ad Hoc analytics of the global plant network to identify opportunities to strategically drive cost out and/or improve cash flow. Work cross-functionally with Global/Business Leaders to execute recommendations.
- Business Owner of GBCAPX (Global Capital system). Duties include prioritization of system enhancements, ensuring global data integrity and leading global training.
Key Finance Competencies:
- Self-starter with strong analytical skills and decision-making capabilities.
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong technical and financial knowledge, including understanding of internal control requirements and accounting principles as well as understanding of relevant business environment.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment, often cross-functionally with all levels of Leadership.
- Experience in owning and improving processes.
- Working knowledge of PC software and applications (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, JDE/B4One, PlanIT, and BaxIntel) and/or capable of learning new applications (i.e. BaxCap, GBCAPX, Tableau).
- Strong analytical skills with familiarity with accounting, financial analysis and reporting.
- Ability to manage tasks concurrently; Owns career and is accountable for managing own development.
Education and/or Experience:
- Financial Analysis and Decision Support
- Business Performance Management
- Accounting and Reporting Integrity
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field (or country equivalent).
- Demonstration of key finance competencies and qualifications and typically 4+ years of relevant experience with financial planning and reporting.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.