Headquartered in Modesto, CA, G3 Enterprises has been supplying the wine and spirits industry for over 50 years. As a single source packaging solution, its products and services include labels, stock and custom closures, warehousing, transportation, bottle etching, and mobile bottling.
The Sr. HR Business Partner will be responsible for supporting the Label Division in Modesto, providing a broad range of human resources services including but not limited to: facilitation of recruiting and selection, employee relations for employees at all levels, handling claims/complaints, assuring federal, state, and local regulatory compliance, facilitating performance management and employee development, succession planning, and change management.
- Supports managers through employee relations issues.
- Supports and coaches managers with progressive discipline, harassment, workplace violence and other HR related issues.
- Conducts exit interviews, evaluates turnover and develops retention programs.
- Partners with recruiting resources and hiring managers to assess position requirements and screen internal/external candidates.
- Works with other HR Business Partners to help broker possible cross-functional moves. Provides direct recruiting support as assigned.
- Provides coaching and training on the development and execution of performance assessments.
- Supports and facilitates functional succession planning and ensures the integration of succession planning into performance management and staffing decisions.
- Maintains HR plans and participates in the development and facilitation of career planning/capability development.
- Partners with management team on mentor programs and development plans.
- Leads HR projects as assigned to implement and/or improve existing processes in support of the organization’s strategy, to ensure a continuous improvement and to develop, hire and/or retain qualified employees.
- Projects include but not be limited to regular compensation reviews/market studies, policy and procedure updates, organizational redesign, etc.
- Participates in regularly scheduled management team meetings. Provides updates at each meeting on HR related topics.
- Works with Management Team to develop, execute and leverage leadership messages that drive business strategy.
- Facilitates management teams and work groups through any necessary processes, i.e., goal setting, brainstorming, process improvement, etc.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of human resources experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; or 9 years of human resources experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Required to work a flexible work schedule, including occasional nights and weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration plus 8 years of human resources experience to include heavy emphasis in generalist, Employee Relations or HR project work reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Knowledge of Fed/State employment law, Title VII, ADA, FMLA, ADEA.
- Experience partnering with business leaders in making change to the organization as well as administering basic HR systems.
- Experience working with senior management within an organization, presenting and influencing ideas, managing projects, etc.
- Experience applying a progressive discipline policy required. Demonstration of judgment and confidence in selecting an appropriate course of action, implementing an action plan, and designing a method of measuring results. Experience conducting investigations, analyze and evaluate relevant facts, and make recommendations.
- High energy level and effective communication with all levels of employees and management. Good organization, analytical and problem-solving skills. Experience preparing written communications for mass distribution and comfort presenting in a group setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands finger, handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.