Evaluate current DISN Transport network design, review IPv4 configuration, and provide recommendations for IPv6 transition. Analyze the development of IPv6 subnetting, deployment, and configuration plans. Assist with the establishment of a test lab for IPv6 interoperability testing. Analyze local and wide area network systems, including planning, designing, evaluating, and selecting network systems. Resolve interoperability problems to integrate all network platforms. Manage the internetworking of various operating systems that may include Cisco IOS, JUNOS, and one or more versions of UNIX across both LAN/WAN for Cisco IOS, JUNOS, and one or more versions of UNIX, across both LAN/WAN. Monitor the performance and stability of networks and configure systems to user environments. Support the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services, as needed.
- 4+ years of experience in working with IP technologies
- 2+ years of experience with design, testing or evaluation of IP networks
- Experience with IPv6 testing, configuration, or operations
- Experience with routing, switching, and security technologies
- Secret clearance
- HS diploma or GED
- Experience with DoD networks and architecture
- Experience with IPv6 national or international backbone networks
- Knowledge of multi-domain architectures, including data center, WAN, and LAN
- Top Secret clearance
- BS degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technologies
- Security+ Certification
- CCNA/CCNP , JNCIS/JNCIP, or similar vendor certifications
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.