SMARTECH is a growing IT service provider connecting certified IT personnel with multiple major clients in the industry. If you have experience in providing on-site hardware replacements on various IT equipment, we'd like to put some money in your pocket. This job is perfect for the technician who can work under minimal supervision, enjoys working with customers, and enjoys working in the field!
We are looking for reliable, hardworking individuals, who have the ability to self manage, and love what they do! This is a great opportunity to get more experience as a technician as well as further your abilities through the certifications that we can provide at no cost to you!
The majority of the work activities of the Field Associate role is performed in a highly–directed environment. Assignments range from repair activities, which include replaceable unit swapping, image loading, and unit testing using a detailed script. Will also perform other non-troubleshooting duties. Direction is provided by script, help desk or service desk in a Next Business Day (NBD) service delivery environment.
* Key Responsibilities:
- Position operates in a highly directed workforce environment to handle NBD, DTS calls, installing and servicing PCs, PC peripherals, laptops, and tablets.
- Takes service calls and performs incident specific activities as directed by Help Desk, Service Desk or script.
- May perform routine installs, moves, adds and changes as part of a directed team.
- Performs scripted image loading, unit diagnostics and replaceable unit swapping.
- Runs basic diagnostics and performs basic module replacement on PCs, laptops, tablets, and peripherals.
- Performs preventative maintenance activities on certain products as directed
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism in actions, demeanor and dress.
- Insures customer satisfaction throughout.
- Must have experience/knowledge of PC, laptop, and tablet hardware repair.
- Must have prior field experience.
- Must be willing to get certified in new information and skills.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be a local candidate and be available for immediate hire.
- Must have a valid driver license and reliable transportation.
- Must take and pass a comprehensive background check to include 7 year criminal history.
- Must be able to carry and/or lift tools, kits or parts of up to 50-75 lbs.
*Must have ONE of the following basic qualifications:
- A+ Certification
- 2 year (or greater) degree in electronics or computer technology.
- High school diploma or GED with at least 2 years of PC hardware repair experience in a customer field environment.
- Previous military experience in an electronics related field.
- Excellent customer service skills and a desire to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Must have an ability to work with minimal immediate supervision.
- Ability to organize and prioritize service calls in consultation with SDC in order to meet overall needs of our customers and Service Level Agreements.
- Ability to follow necessary documentation, call closure and parts tracking processes and procedures.
- Ability to document and maintain accurate time and mileage records.
- Dell certifications preferred.
Job Type: Contract
- Service Technician: 1 year
- PC hardware repair: 2 years
- High school or equivalent