This position is responsible for assisting with the planning and implementation of Magellan learning projects, programs and performance initiatives for all levels. This position will increase consistency in and effectiveness of training practices and operational processes to meet learning needs and outcomes across Magellan. Manages resources and creatively plans and executes learning interventions and performance initiatives across Care Management Centers (CMCs) and the rest of Magellan.
- Participate as a contributing member to identify opportunities and design solutions for the Learning function that supports business objectives and performance goals.
- Manage the effectiveness and efficiency of overall CMC and other training initiatives.
- Challenge paradigms and look for innovative alternatives.
- Work with Leadership to apply systematic process of discovering and analyzing CMC/Magellan needs, design and develop training content, deliver training programs, and evaluate effectiveness of training events and initiatives.
- Deliver classroom and workplace learning solutions that engage the learner and produce measurable performance improvement.
- Identify performance gaps and performance improvement opportunities. Incorporate knowledge of CMC environment to design the optimum training plan when implementing changes to procedures, processes or systems.
- Manage and directly contribute to creation and/or customization and delivery of policy, procedure, and system training program design and materials for new employees and existing staff to support implementation of process/system changes, correction of performance deficiencies or employee development.
- Partner with business leaders and HR Generalists to identify systemic issues and provide concrete, short term and longer term solutions.
- Deploy varied approaches and tools for diagnostics, assessments, and systemic needs analysis.
- Testing and evaluating new and existing curricula.
- Design and deliver interventions to address outcomes defined with customers and partners.
- Partner with HR Generalists to support seamless service delivery and integrate Learning as much as possible with other HR solutions.
- Partner with other Learning teams to achieve alignment and consistency across Magellan to implement Corporate project rollouts, ensure Best Practice sharing and facilitate knowledge management across sites.
- Concisely and regularly communicate learning and performance opportunities, strategies, initiatives and objectives to CMC stakeholders (e.g., supervisors, directors, GMs, employees); solicit and act on feedback from CMC stakeholders.
- Educate CMC stakeholders on relevant learning and performance topics, such as adult learning theory (i.e., how adults learn) and performance management.
- Identifies and recommends best practices to Leadership teams. Serves as catalyst for knowledge sharing within the CMC.
- Lead team members including directing daily work activities and priorities, coaching and mentoring, identifying and offering professional development/educational opportunities, facilitating performance improvement as required.
- Set clear performance expectations for team members and communicate how performance goals are linked to organizational goals and values; create annual team scorecard in alignment with scorecard.
- Create a healthy work environment that promotes teamwork, employee satisfaction, open communication, cooperation, personal development, high standards of performance and a sense of urgency.
General Job Information
United States of America
United States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date
Date Requisition Created
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 5-8 years experience, with at least 3 years training experience preferably in a call center environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of instructional design, adult learning concepts, performance improvement, change management, and learning best practices.
- Ability to convert abstract ideas into concrete learning solutions and proven ability to communicate technical information to non-technical customers.
- Familiarity with behavioral health and managed care business, operations, and systems migrations.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to function independently and as a team member.
- Strong project management skills.
- Effective organizational, time management and communication skills, combined with attention to detail.
- Experience with a Learning Management System is required.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office suite of products., - Knowledge of managed care/utilization management policies, procedures and information systems gained from experience in a Call Center.
- Experience with distance learning and learning technologies such as web-based training and authoring tools.
- Knowledge and experience in Change Management and Certifications in Organizational Development methodologies.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled