- Bachelor’s Degree in a technology related field or equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years professional experience for every 1 year of education
- 3+ years professional experience working in large scale networking environments.
- Experience with internet routing protocols and concepts: TCP/IP, BGP, MPLS, ISIS and/or OSPF
- Experience with network operating systems such as Cisco IOS and Junos.
- Experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
- Experience in automation via Bash/shell scripting and Perl/Python programming
Amazon.com is looking for best-in-class Network Engineers to help deploy, scale and automate one of the world’s largest and complex networks. With Amazon Web Services, our goal is to become “The Infrastructure Platform” to the world. Our customers demand the highest quality and reliability for their services. We are expanding at a tremendous rate it is our responsibility to maintain quality and reliability while developing innovative ways to automate the scaling of our network.
As a Network Engineer working within AWS Infrastructure you will:
- Be responsible for automation of deploying network infrastructure across all of our network fabrics that supports the Amazon Retail Service, Kindle, Payments and multiple AWS services.
- Deploy, scale and automate our network across multiple global datacenters. This includes existing footprints and greenfield locations.
- Drive scaling of current network designs to meet the demand of our customers.
- Create simple, repetitive deployment processes that increase both velocity and quality.
- Work closely with our internal customers on designs/solutions; bringing those designs/solutions from concept to production.
- Create and update our network standards and ensure that the network is deployed to these standards.
- Create and implement changes on the network.
- Automate workflow and execution of deployments on a global scale
- Work closely with our automation teams in transitioning and defining new tools that allow us to scale at unprecedented volume.
Our ideal candidate has a proven record of building automated solutions, is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills and has a successful track record of designing simple, scalable solutions and troubleshooting complex network problems and delivering innovative solutions. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
- Knowledge of network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills; specifically, network performance analysis
- Experience working with customers to diagnose a problem, and work toward resolution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role