The UI/UX Web Developer is primarily responsible for developing and coding UI/UX interfaces and maintaining the website https://online.drexel.edu in support of Drexel University Online's business initiatives for online students.
The web developer must be proficient with modern web development methodologies and languages, object-oriented programming, MVC, and the Microsoft .NET platform.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- 5+ years of development experience
- 5+ years of experience using Microsoft technologies including the .NET framework ASP.NET, MVC, C# and SQL (with an emphasis on MVC)
- 5+ years of experience with: JQuery/JS, CSS(3), HTML(5), SQL
- Experience converting design mockups into responsive layouts and controls, while following University design standards and guidelines
- Solid working experience using Microsoft Visual Studio
- Preferred: Experience with EPiServer 7.5+ or a similar .Net CMS a plus(debugging, deploying, etc.)
- Familiarity with Salesforce a plus
- Experience writing and consuming Web Services (WCF/Web API)
- Proficient with IIS (setting up local sites, redirects, debugging, etc.)
- Experience with Git and version control
- The ability to translate technical issues and processes to non-technical stakeholders effectively and clearly
- Works well with a small, close-knit team and is able to work independently while balancing multiple projects and tickets
- Development of custom, database-driven websites and applications utilizing the Episerver CMS platform
- Conceptualize and develop new content templates to maximize flexibility and ease-of-use for internal users based on shifting user requirements
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Collaborate closely with Marketing, Business Development, Student Experience and Technology teams to create innovative solutions for new features and improvements that align to market needs in the higher education sector. Ability to independently convert stakeholder's ideas and needs into requirements and a design, then coding the project based on the agreed upon design.
- Contribute new ideas, techniques, and methods to improve our website and the underlying processes
Supplemental Posting Information
Drexel University Online LLC is a separate not-for-profit subsidiary of Drexel University. Drexel University Online LLC is responsible for providing benefits to the selected candidate for this position. This is not a position with Drexel University, and therefore the applicable benefits and policies may differ from Drexel University. Drexel University Online and/or Drexel University reserve the right to change the levels and types of benefits associated with this position at any time.
Drexel University Online is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, welcomes individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and believes that an inclusive and respectful environment enriches the University community and the educational and employment experience of its members. The University prohibits discrimination against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, gender identity or expression, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions and any other prohibited characteristic. Please visit our website to view all University Policies and Workplace Postings.
Background investigations are required for all new hires as a condition of employment, after the job offer is made. Employment will be contingent upon the University's acceptance of the results of the background investigation.
Documents that must be associated with this posting
Does this position interact with minors?
If yes, Please provide details
Motor Vehicle Check (MVC) required
(5) Full Time
Home Department Name
6000 DUO - Enterprise Technology Operations
Commensurate with experience
3025 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104
Job Open Date
Job Close Date