This position reports to the Production Manager. The position works under the direction of the Production Manager and/or the Production Supervisor, This role assists the Production Supervisor/Manager with ensuring the safety and productivity of all production employees and achieving long term and short term goals of the department.
The lead must be organized, detail oriented, and a team builder to supervise the efficient running of various work centers. This individual will be responsible for directing the work of a team, ensure compliance with all food safety programs and enforce Company policies. Ability to work as part of a team is essential. Attendance is an essential function of this job.
Essential Job Functions:
- Observe and evaluate production processes and personnel.
- Daily and accurate documentation of production log, reviewing accuracy of make sheets.
- Monitor and control inventory levels and yields through the proper usage and reporting of raw materials
- Coordinate production needs, referencing production plan for daily scheduling changes and updates.
- Monitor rework levels and usage in order to keep rework levels at a minimum.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set-up, operate and tend to equipment that mixes, blends and mills ingredients in the manufacturing of vegan cheese, according to formulas and recipes.
- Follow recipes to produce products of specified flavor, texture, color; ensure superior product quality. Procedures include preparing raw ingredients for cooking, and filling prepared ingredients into molds for aging, unwrapping aged products and preparing products for final packaging.
- Follow procedures related to the aging and storage of products.
- Follow procedures related to packaging finished products.
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Work in multiple roles throughout the production center, or have the ability to learn the different functions within the production center.
- Serve as a resource for Team Members on various topics such as safety, employee relation, production and quality related questions.
- Attend all staff trainings and meetings as deemed necessary by manager.
- Adhere to company’s code of conduct and all other internal policies and procedures.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Manager.
Essential Skills and Qualities:
- Ability to read, write and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Current Food Handler’s Certificate.
- Previous work experience in a food manufacturing environment preferred. Able to stand for long periods of time, and be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Able to withstand working in a noisy environment (with safety gear provided).
- Willing to become an expert on work processes and train team to standard procedures.
- High attention to details; able to work quickly and accurately.
- Be able to work flexible hours and be willing to adapt to changes in orders and tasks.
- Be reliable and dependable in attendance.
- Multi task and manage multiple demands and priorities
- Active listening skills.
- Builds and maintains relationships easily
- Is approachable, emphatic, and compassionate
- Works easily with diverse styles and people from different backgrounds
- Can comfortably give and receive personal feedback
- Able to confront issues and conflict in a constructive and productive manner.
- Demonstrates patience and a calm, reassuring manner; shows even composure, even in the face of frustration and mounting pressure
- Able to train others to perform to expected standards.
- Cooperates easily with peers and others. Can collaborate across organizational boundaries.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $16.00 /hour
- production: 1 year (Preferred)
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- 8 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible