A progressive and growing marketing firm in Woodstock, Illinois is seeking a talented Wordpress Developer to add to our team. The ideal candidate for this position is a team-player with a “can do” attitude, solid client communication skills and a strong knowledge of general website development best practices.
We offer a diverse project workload with a fun culture, relaxed atmosphere and a respect for a work/life balance. We have a unique loft-style open office space in the heart of Woodstock, Illinois on The Historic Woodstock Square located just 1 block from the Metra Train Station.
The responsibilities and requirements for this position include the following:
- Build, update, manage, optimize new and existing Wordpress websites based on designs, requirements, meetings, conference calls and notes.
- Implement best-practices for website search engine effectiveness (SEO-friendly).
- Quality assurance website testing for cross-browser compatibility, responsive design and general website performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field of study and/or demonstrated work experience.
- Experience developing and managing Wordpress websites for clients.
- Exceptional client-facing verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work and manage organic tasks and priorities within project deadlines.
- Ongoing flexibility and willingness to learn a variety of tasks.
- 2+ years’ experience working with databases and database architectures.
- 2+ years’ experience working with web-based technologies and practices.
- 2+ years’ experience working with cloud-based server providers.
- 2+ years’ experience developing and testing responsive websites.
- 2+ years’ experience building SEO-friendly websites.
Job Type: Full-time
- WordPress Development: 2 years (Preferred)