BayPath is a non-profit agency that is committed to enabling older people to live independently and comfortably in the community for as long as possible, while promoting their well-being and dignity. www.baypath.org
The Staff/Payroll Accountant will perform critical tasks for the Fiscal Department, the foremost being Payroll. The individual will be able to use critical thinking to work independently on assigned tasks. He/She will also work collaboratively with other members of the Fiscal Team to help meet deadlines on a variety of projects. This role is deadline driven and requires the ability to be proactive, multitask and shift priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Payroll – Manage biweekly processing of payroll and keep current with employment laws. Assist with preparation of reports for benefits and compensation matters. Process employee travel reimbursement. Main contact for any payroll related audits (ie: Workers Comp)
- A/P, A/R & Invoice Management – Maintaining Vendor Records, processing all invoices, verification of proper coding, maintain processes with automated payable system, provide main contact point for automated payables. Enter all A/P invoices for tracking into Fiscal software.
- Reconciliations: Monthly reconciliations for bank statements, benefits etc.
- Accounting – Maintain petty cash, maintain a schedule for daily cash availability, assist with month/year end close process. Data entry assistance for budget items. Provide assistance for year-end audit. Maintain live excel document for fixed assets
- Other Duties – Full maintenance of Title III including billing and reporting. Perform data entry and/or assist with special assignments at the direction of the Fiscal Director. Provide back up to the Fiscal Director in case of vacation or other absence.
- Bachelor’s degree – Field of study: Finance/Accounting
- 3-5 years’ of Finance/Accounting experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office knowledge, with emphasis on excel
- Experience with MIP, AvidXchange and/or Isolved a plus, but not required.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary Range: $21.79 - $24.35 per hour based on experience (37.5 hours per week
- Medical/Dental/401k benefits available on day of hire
- Generous paid time off
- Company paid life insurance/STD and LTD after waiting period.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.79 to $24.35 /year
- Payroll: 3 years (Required)
- Accounting: 3 years (Required)