Senior Financial Analyst
Rye Brook, New York
Our exceptional employees have access to industry leading tools, resources and support helping you to realize your full potential. Paraco is seeking a loyal, responsible, dedicated Senior Financial Analyst to join our team to help to create a modern, technology-enabled FP&A function and to implement innovation and best practices within the function.
Scope of the Role includes:
The Senior Financial Analyst will work to enable the organization use data to shift from a reactive to proactive mind-set. This role will work closely with the accounting team and with field management and will help link the strategic goals of the organization to the planning process. You will be an integral part of the finance organization and will report to the Vice President of Finance.
Essential responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Transitioning the current manual budget process to a modern best practices technology driven process.
- Preparing the annual budget and capital budget inclusive of assisting in the preparation of business case analysis and return on investment (ROI) analysis for proposed capital investment projects.
- Working with the AP and accounting team to prepare monthly accruals.
- Coordinating monthly meetings to review actual vs. budget performance.
- Creating an effective driver based monthly actual to budget reporting package and other reports with reliable conclusions that management can use to implement more effective operational strategies.
- Providing the CFO and executive team commentary on variances to budget.
- Identifying performance trends and issues that require escalation to prevent potential material adverse impact.
- Assisting with the preparation of internal/external business presentations, financial reports, covenant compliance reports, Board of Directors materials, company valuations and other ad hoc analysis and project support such as analysis of operational data, facilities, corporate performance and competitor statistics.
- Where appropriate, provide decision support for special projects and initiatives.
- Executing continuous process improvement and create policies and documented procedures.
- Preparing annual long term strategic plan, daily cash position report and weekly cash flow forecast.
- Assisting with all aspects of M&A transactions, valuation analysis, planning and integration.
We’re looking for the following abilities and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance (MBA preferred).
- 10+ years of FP&A experience with knowledge of GL software and budget interfaces.
- Knowledge of Great Plains a plus.
- Highly detail-oriented and capable of analyzing data with creativity and innovation.
- Proven track record of process improvement working with all corporate departments and business units.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong business partnering and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of ADDs software a plus, but not required.
Paraco Gas Corporation is the largest privately held propane marketer in the Northeast. As a local, family-owned company with 50 years of experience in the propane industry, we are proud to be recognized as the 10th largest propane retailer and 2nd largest independent marketer of propane nationally (LP Gas Magazine Survey 2018). By putting customers first in everything we do, our professional services team, our extensive fleet and our unparalleled supply availability enable Paraco to be an energy services leader.
Paraco Gas proudly offers our colleagues exceptional benefits including but not limited to medical, Rx, Vision and Dental, a 401(k) plan with company match, paid time off, company holidays, tuition reimbursement, uniforms, propane discounts & more.
Job Type: Full-time