When you work for a legendary name, you become part of the legend. So it goes at Johnston & Murphy. We’re not just in the business of producing quality shoes. We’re in the business of producing quality people.
The Johnston & Murphy brand attracts an exclusive legion of clientele. Most of our clients are proven decision makers. But when it comes to selecting their shoes and accessories, they look to us. As a Johnston & Murphy associate, you help the decision makers make decisions.
We are searching for passionate, goal-oriented individuals who can work in a fast-paced environment and never miss a beat. No matter what your background, the will to succeed is the biggest pre-requisite for the job.
If you can see your future aligning with ours, apply for:
J&M Assistant Manager
At Johnston & Murphy we believe that attributes are as important as experience and that who you are is as important as what you know. We believe that it’s the intangibles that make people and organizations special. Towards that end we have created a culture around an attributes based people model called P.R.I.D. E.
Key Responsibilities of an Assistant Manager
Passion – Personally dedicated to being the best; conveys enthusiasm for the organization with a “can do” attitude; never gives up.
- Consistently meet deadlines
- Use J&M sales tools to implement and obtain sales objectives
- Utilize all available resources to improve performance and to further educate yourself and your sales team
Represents the Brand – Acts as an ambassador for the brand to the outside world; creates a store environment representative of a premium brand; adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values.
- Effectively Network and Recruit
- Assist in interviewing and hiring personnel using the PRIDE model
- Assist in the implementation of visual guidelines, window changes and maintaining store appearance
- Adhere to personal presentation guidelines
- Consistently deliver World Class Service and use proper phone etiquette
Interpersonal Skills – Effective communicator within the organization; builds lasting and productive relationships with co-workers.
- Build lasting and productive relationships within the organization
- Assist in the implementation , utilizing and certifying the team in all training programs
- Effective communication skills
- Assist in coaching and counseling performance to achieve company standards
- Assist in the implementation and adherence to all company policies and procedures
- Assist in the creation and administering PRIDE Performance Plans and Evaluations
Delivers Results – Achieves financial goals; manages profitability through personal and team performance; executes company priorities.
- Meet and exceed sales plans, both store and personal
- Meet and exceed sales metrics, both store and personal
- Assist in protecting company assets including accurate inventory and cash management
- Assist in the creation and maintaining of weekly work schedules to utilize talent and maximize sales
Edge – Can effectively initiate and manage change; makes good decisions based on analysis and knowledge; conveys sense of urgency and moves issues to closure.
- Assist in managing ALL performance, from exceptional to deficient
- Identify trends through shopping the competition and other trend resources
- Effectively use all merchandise reports to assist in analyzing, identifying and communicating merchandising needs to maximize your business
- Partner with HR to move issues to closure
- Prior management experience in retail environment preferred.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Professional appearance.
- Willingness to learn.
- Stable prior employment history.
The successful candidate will work a retail schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as required. The candidate must adapt quickly to the competitive environment of retail sales.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
Pay: $38,000.00 - $42,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Supervising Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible