Ammunition Specialist (89B)
*****THIS JOB IS FOR A CAREER IN THE UNITED STATES ARMY OR THE UNITED STATES ARMY RESERVE*****
Ammunition specialists are specialized Soldiers who are responsible for the management of ordnance (ammunition and explosives). They are tasked with receiving, storing and issuing conventional ammunition, guided missiles, large rockets, explosives and other ammunition and explosive related items.
- Perform maintenance modification, destruction and demilitarization on ammunition and explosive components
- Operate computer hardware and software/utilities manual records in order to perform stock control and accounting procedures
- Perform ammunition supply stock control and accounting duties using both automated and manual procedures
- Inspect weapon systems to determine need for repair or destruction
- Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
- Job training for an Ammunition specialist requires 10 weeks of Army Basic Combat Training and seven weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instructions. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Ammunition identification and ammunition-related publication.
-Explosives demolition operations
-Operation of automated and manual ammunition management systems
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experienced and trained Veterans to join their organization.
.*****FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT PLEASE CONTACT*****832-338-3955 SSG Darius Delafoisse
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time