We are looking for a smart, motivated Principal SDE who can help take our Paratransit software suite to new heights.
For this position, you should have a strong background in OO design with Java. Equally important to these specific skills is the ability to quickly adapt to rapidly changing business requirements, learn new systems, create reliable/maintainable code, and find solutions to difficult problems.
IMPORTANT: Please apply only if
- The Java ecosystem is your PRIMARY focus, specialization, and you continuously work on Java based projects.
- You are an experienced architect.
- You don’t need a permit to work in the USA.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years professional experience in software development using Java
- 2+ years experience in Spring Framework or in one of the Spring products based on it
- 5+ years experience in working with relational databases
- Experience with at least one well-known ORM framework (Hibernate or EclipseLink)
- Computer Science fundamentals in system design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Experience in leading code reviews, design reviews, automated testing, whiteboard discussions
- Experience in collecting requirements, describing software product features and technical designs
- Comfortable with a rapidly changing environment
- Experience releasing products with 24x7 availability
- Experience in developing of transportation related software
- Experience with rapid prototyping
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with containerization
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective
- Working knowledge of enterprise application patterns (e.g. Spring Integration)
- Knowledge in GIS, working with a GIS framework using Java is a great plus
- Experience with distributed caches (e.g. Infinispan, Terracota, Hazelcast)
- Experience with developing using Java on Android involving the use of a Google Map component.
- Experience with wireless network protocols and familiarity with issues arising in distributed systems where components communicate using unreliable media.
- Knowledge of one of the modern web front end libraries/frameworks (e.g. React, Angular)
- Experience implementing and consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience with Java Swing
- Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo
- Design, develop and execute software solutions to address business issues
- Develop, test and implement software programs
- Estimate and plan task execution, create tasks in JIRA for yourself and team members if needed
- Actively lead code reviews, design reviews, and whiteboard discussions
- Communicate with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs
- Release products with a 24x7 availability
- Deploy new releases or assist in deployment
- Document solutions and software code according to best practices
- Lead standup meetings and track team progress
- Report team progress to the company leadership
- Participate in discussions on how to improve and optimize internal processes and practices
- Mentor team members
Job Type: Full-time