Full Job Description
Prevention Research Center for Healthy Neighborhoods Seeking Summer 2020 Interns!
****!!IMPORTANT!! TO BE OFFICIALLY CONSIDERED FOR THIS INTERNSHIP, PLEASE APPLY ON OUR WEBSITE: PRCHN.ORG, OR COPY THE URL BELOW!
YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF YOU ONLY APPLY THROUGH INDEED*****
How to Apply: Fill out an application directly on the PRCHN website:
Job Description: The PRCHN Internship Program seeks undergraduate and graduate students who wish to gain experience in public health research. There are several projects and initiatives at the PRCHN offering interns a variety of experiences including: ground-truthing, food retail audits, field data collection, environmental surveillance, data entry, and data analysis (depending on skill level). Specific intern duties will vary based on placement, but interns will also have the opportunity to gain an overview of all the research and surveillance conducted at the Center.
Who can apply: All majors (undergraduate and graduate) are welcome to apply!
What we look for:
- Knowledge of public health’s role in communities and in health research
- Some basic research experience (surveys, data collection, interviewing, etc.)
- Experience with statistical programs (R, SPSS, SAS, etc.) is a plus
- A positive, hard-working attitude!
Internship Timeline: Anytime between May 15th and August 31st
Pay: Monthly Stipend. Limited paid internships each session. Amount will depend on assigned project.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $15.00 to $17.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Cleveland, OH 44106 (Required)
- U.S. Driver's License (Preferred)
- Are you a current university student or a recent graduate (within one calendar year)?
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture