Meter Reader - Centerville - (1810000172)
Who we are
Vectren Corporation is an energy holding company headquartered in Evansville, Ind. We provide energy delivery services to over 900,000 natural gas customers located in Indiana and west central Ohio and over 140,000 electric customers in southwestern Indiana. We are looking for diverse, talented colleagues. We are not just looking for people to fill positions – let us help you build an energizing career!
Where we are
Vectren’s corporate headquarters is located in Evansville, IN. Evansville is the 3rd largest city in Indiana and lies within a 200-mile radius of four major metropolitan cities including Indianapolis, Nashville, Louisville and St. Louis.
This opportunity is at our Centerville, Ohio
location. Centerville is located in the Dayton metropolitan area. Dayton is the birthplace of aviation and home to Wright-Patterson Air Force Base. Centerville’s city slogan is a “warm and cheerful” place to live. Whether it’s walking the tree-lined streets and boulevards, attending the farmer’s market, or enjoying music at a summer concert, there are lots of cultural, artistic, and entertainment activities throughout the year.
What you will be doing
- Measuring usage of customers utilizing automated meter reading equipment and manually reading meters
- Performing limited service orders and collections activities
What you bring
It would be awesome if you have
What we bring to you
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Capable of physically and mentally working on gas facilities
- Capable of learning safety rules associated with job duties and follow same
- Self-motivated with ability to work well with others
- Possess good mechanical aptitude
- Ability to bend, climb, crawl, stoop, lift and maintain body balance
- Ability to endure exposure to outside elements in all seasons and undesirable conditions
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with customers and co-workers
- Required to have and maintain a valid driver’s license to operate company vehicles
- Required to be available to work overtime
We want you to know
- Professional growth and development programs including tuition reimbursement to help advance your knowledge, skills and even career
- Career ladder opportunities and colleagues with a vast amount of knowledge and experience committed to your growth, development and success
- Comprehensive health and wellness plans for you and your family
- 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company contribution regardless of your contribution along with company match opportunities for additional savings
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Competitive compensation including at risk incentive potential
We value talent, innovation and diversity and understand that our colleagues allow us the opportunity to deliver an exceptional customer experience. We achieve our goals through teamwork and conduct our business with integrity. Vectren Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Vectren shall abide by the requirements of Executive Order (E.O.) 11246, as amended, and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These laws and regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these laws and regulations require that covered federal contractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Primary Location: Ohio-Centerville
Work Locations: VEDO Centerville
Job: Revenue Management
Organization: Revenue Management
: Fulltime - Regular
Job Posting: Sep 18, 2018, 4:03:44 PM