A Site Safety & Health Officer ensures compliance with Company and Federal Safety regulations at project level.
Essential Job Functions
- Document safety inspections, program implementation and enforcement, activity risk analysis, employee training, equipment inspections, accident investigation and root cause analysis
- Develop and Implement Site Specific Safety Plans
- Work closely with client safety representatives
- Maintains a close working relationship with field personnel and project management and advises field project managers and supervisors in all aspects of occupational safety
- Observes behaviors and conditions within the work environment on a frequent basis, coaches employees regarding the value of working safely and provides feedback on these activities to project management and employees
- Prepare and implement construction site specific safety manuals and best practices
- Conducts and advises project management on accident investigations and assists project management in developing improvement plans to prevent recurrence
- Develops, coordinates and delivers safety training
- Assists project management in preparing JHA’s for project activities and implements controls to eliminate hazards in the workplace.
- Perform other related duties as required
- Follows company and work site safety policies/procedures and commits to an “Incident and Injury Free” work environment
- 5+ years industry safety experience (4 years if holding a 3rd party, nationally accredited certification; BCSP- CSP, ASP)
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or Environmental Sciences are only required to have 4 years of experience
- Extensive experience managing construction projects in Refinery’s for major Oil companies
- OSHA 500, CPR/First Aid, experience in Marine Construction, familiar with behavioral based safety programs all pluses
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work more then 50 hours per week
- This position requires fluent use of the verbal and written English language
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to relocate for temporary assignments
Required Certifications or Licenses
- CPR/FA/AED responder’s card
- TWIC - Transportation Worker Identification Credential
- Valid US Passport
- Driver’s license
- Must be able to tolerate rough seas, vibrations, heat, harsh weather conditions, confined spaces, and high noise levels
- Work will frequently require individuals to push, pull, bend or stand for long periods of time, and climb ladders that have capacity limits of 300 lbs.
- Must be able to lift or carry miscellaneous equipment, supplies and parts up to 50 lbs. unassisted
This Job Description does not cover all of the required duties, activities, functions and responsibilities of the position, any of which may change at any time according to the sole and absolute discretion of Weeks Marine, Inc., with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Weeks Marine, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination, hostility, harassment, and retaliation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
- Industry safety: 5 years (Required)