The Detroit Optimist Society is one of the largest hospitality groups in the city of Detroit, managing a portfolio of industry leading bars and restaurants. We are currently seeking an energetic, outgoing Digital Marketing Specialist (DMS) with an interest in food and beverage to join our expanding team and work out of our properties throughout Detroit. The ideal candidate will exhibit a passion for visual storytelling with an eye for aesthetics, and be able to produce relevant, brand specific content for use across our digital channels (social, web, email). This position provides the opportunity for professional growth within the company, with the additional benefit of a fun work environment including events and tastings around the city.
- Weekly visits to each property to produce relevant, brand specific photo and video content for use on social media (Instagram and Facebook, including stories).
- Work with Strategic Operations Director to create weekly approved social media calendar and execute brand content strategy.
- Manage existing relationships with local influencers and seek out additional opportunities to build strategic partnerships in the community.
- Provide analysis of social media trends and industry insights that will inform strategic operations.
- Execute multichannel digital marketing campaigns leveraging
- Monitor the company’s social media accounts and provide the equivalent level of digital hospitality in engaging users on reviews, comments, and direct messages.
- Execute email campaign creation including copy, scheduling, UTM links, and analysis.
- Review the company's online presence to ensure information about hours, menus, contact, and events is accurately reflected on websites, Google, and Yelp.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- Social Media Management: 1 year (Preferred)