Full-timeEstimated: $44,000 - $59,000 a year
- Microsoft Excel
- Addiction counseling
- Food Handler Certification
- Crisis management
- Bachelor's degree
Full Job Description
Job Title: Shift Supervisor
Reports to: Director of Program Operations
Location: Ozone Park, Queens
Position Type: Full-time
We are seeking an Evening Shift Supervisor for our Men's Mental Health Homeless Shelter. Successful candidates should have two years' experience in site management and staff supervision as well as previous experience in working with clients with mental health needs. Under the supervision of the Director of Program Operations, the Evening Shift Supervisor will oversee the evening operations of the shelter, supervising a team of Residential Aides and working in coordination with Social Services, Maintenance and Security Staff.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversee all shelter operational tasks during evening hours including bed signing procedures, supply issuance, meal rosters, property storage, locker inspections, daily dorm inspections, facility logbook, incident submission, etc.
- Supervise a team of Residential Aides to ensure the safe and efficient provision of services to all clients.
- Schedule daily assignments for subordinates, monitor their performance.
- Conduct and document supervision of all direct reports.
- Maintain an understanding of strengths and challenges of subordinates and develop a working plan as to how to address those challenges.
- Arrange for coverage for unscheduled absences and unexpected situations.
- Ensure all clients have timely access to client services (meals, laundry, toiletries, medications, etc.)
- Conduct periodic tours of the entire facility including all sleeping areas to ensure safety, security and cleanliness standards are met.
- Lead subordinates in Safe Crisis Management techniques and other crisis management models.
- Complete incident reports and report to DHS and/or Lantern Supervisors as per Incident policies.
- Ensure appropriate processing of new and returning clients, submit to DHS for approval and bed assignment.
- Oversee bed sign-ins, curfew checks and vacancy reporting in CARES.
- Maintain a timely, effective, and cordial working relationship with DHS Vacancy Control.
- Supervise staff in packing, storing, and tracking of client belongings in absence of client.
- Oversee bed moves and locker searches at the direction of Supervisors.
- Record and respond to client issues and complaints.
- Work collaboratively with Maintenance, Security, Vendors and Emergency Responders on site.
- Track and report visits and services rendered by vendors/contractors during the shift.
- Ensure completion of a monthly inventory of client supplies.
- Responsibility for petty cash expenditures during the shift.
- Monitor video surveillance cameras, and fire prevention/detection alarm notification system.
- Conduct Fire Drills; evacuate the building when necessary.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience working in the field of social service, housing, or emergency shelter.
- Must have initiative, the ability to work well under pressure, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team to complete complex projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong writing, communication, organization, and leadership skills
- Must be adept and comfortable with crisis management.
- Computer proficiency with proficiency in Word, Excel, and the ability to learn new technologies and databases.
- Strong writing, communication, and organizational skills.
- F-80 Fire Safety Coordinator certification, required (or ability to obtain F 80 certification)
- NYC Food Handlers Certificate or ability to obtain in 2 months.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, mental health, substance use and/or chronically homelessness population
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
Oversees the Residential Aides, Manages the Residential Aides during assigned shifts. Reports to Director of Program Operations.
This job operates in a homeless shelter and works with a population who may experience mental illness, substance use, disability, HIV/AIDS, and other chronic illnesses.
Job Type: Full-time