U.S. Medical Staffing is a full-service mental health, behavioral health, and school staffing provider, offering the most qualified professionals to our clients, programs, and consumers.
We have exciting opportunities for experienced Personal Care Assistants (PCA), looking for a challenging yet rewarding work experience.
As an education professional, you play an important role in the special education classroom and serve as the right-hand to a special education teacher. You will work either one to one, or with a classroom, with students who have a range of needs.
· 1 year of experience working with children in a classroom setting
· All state clearances or the ability to obtain them
· Updated Physical/TB
· CPR & First Aid Certifications
· Records and reports appropriate data regarding academic, behavioral and/or health information and services provided to students using the appropriate service log.
· Assists students to use instructional materials and equipment.
· Provides verbal and/or written feedback of observations to the teacher.
· Works with students to reinforce instructional objectives and implement Individualized Education Plan (IEP) goals and objectives for students with disabilities receiving special education services.
· Assists students with class routines and in transitioning from one activity or location to the next.
· Guides students in developing positive, appropriate interpersonal relationships with peers and adults.
· Supports students with emotional or behavioral concerns and assists in developing appropriate social skills.
· Maintains a safe learning environment for students and staff.
· Assists students with daily living skills, including feeding, grooming, and dressing.
· Assists students with all aspects of toileting, which may include lifting on and off the toilet, diapering and the use of changing tables and mats.
· Serves as a source of information and help to any substitute teacher assigned in the absence of the regularly assigned teacher.
Multiple positions available in Philadelphia County, and surrounding areas.
Hours range between 5 hours and 40 hours per week. Hours are typically between 7:00AM-4:00PM
Pay range is $12-$13/hr.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $12.00 - $13.00 per hour
- caregiving/direct patient care: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative