Position: Product Support Specialist
As an international specialist insurer we are far removed from the world of mass insurance products, selectively focusing on key areas of expertise and strength, all of which is underpinned by a culture that encourages us to challenge convention and always look for a better way.
Defined by our strong moral fibre we prioritise above all else the principle of doing what we say we will. Insuring the unique and interesting, our search for talent is the same. We empower our people to think creatively, challenge the status quo and approach things with a solutions focused lens. This results in us being able to provide the type of insurance solutions which are often too complex for other insurance companies, we find a way where others give up.
Our straight talking culture is not for everyone but allows us to strive to improve everything we do and never settle. Trust is integral to how we operate and it allows us to work in an environment where every role has a high level of autonomy; freedom to forge your path and help set the wider agenda is evident in all parts of the organisation. Through embracing an environment that brings together people who are unique and interesting we are ensuring we build a company where teams don’t all think the same – this, combined with a culture where courage to say what you think is not only actively encouraged but is central to our business model has defined our success.
If you thrive in a challenging and collaborative environment where you are trusted to work instinctively and know the company will stretch you to your full potential look no further.
At Hiscox our spirit is in Challenging Convention and everything we do is guided by our Values.
Courage: Do the right thing however hard
Quality: World class where it matters
Integrity: True to our word
Excellence in Execution: Consistent, timely, efficient delivery
Human: Firm, fair and inclusive
Hiscox USA was established in 2006 to focus primarily on the needs of small and middle market commercial clients, via both the broker and direct distribution channels. It is headquartered in New York City and is today the fastest-growing business unit within the Hiscox Group.
Today, Hiscox USA has a talent force of about 350 employees mostly operating out of 5 major cities - New York, Atlanta, Chicago, Los Angeles and San Francisco. Hiscox USA offers a broad portfolio of commercial products, including technology, cyber & data risk, multiple professional liability lines, media, entertainment, management liability, crime, kidnap & ransom, commercial property and terrorism.
Role, Team & Responsibilities:
The Product Support Specialist is responsible for supporting small changes within the Broker distribution change portfolio. This is a “hands on” and action-oriented role that supports business leaders through continuous product and process improvement, resolution of system issues, and operational efficiency gains.
The candidate must be able to build strong, productive relationships with the Underwriting Leadership team, the broader Operations functions, as well as global, technology delivery teams. The candidate will also maintain visibility into the broader change portfolio to support effective initiative prioritization and strategic change delivery.
The Product Support Specialist will report to the Sr. Product Support Specialist Team Lead
- Change Management: Manages change pipeline for aligned Products and accountable for delivery of changes (including operational readiness). Act as the central point of contact for all operational issues and change requests. Communicate decisions, priorities, status and relevant information to appropriate teams regarding service requests and small change initiatives.
- Product Development: Work with internal/external teams to identify gaps in product offerings and help prioritize and implement enhancements to existing products. Develop an extensive knowledge of the systems that support the Broker Channel to understand the impact of system changes, especially as it pertains to product delivery and maintenance.
- Engage clients: As a technical subject matter expert, represent the products and systems bringing expertise to bear and developing a thorough understanding of client needs. Listens attentively to the needs of Business Leaders in order to align on approach and applies a variety of creative solutions that meet business needs.
- Monitor effectiveness: Develop and maintain metrics for tracking production, product pipeline, meeting initiation, quality of interactions and follow-up with business and IT teams.
- Project Management/Business Analysis: Act as a Project Manager and/or Business Analyst as needed to deliver change by defining scope and writing requirements documents. Prepare and deliver presentations to diverse business audiences, internally & externally. Manage UAT with end users including coordination and creation of UAT test scripts. Prepare user documentation and training documentation as necessary. Satisfy ad hoc requests for information and analysis.
- Strategic Partner: Act as a Strategic Partner by assisting in creating business cases for complex changes. Ensure team and business partners adhere to change management guidelines. Leverage business knowledge and expertise to drive business process improvements. Guide business partners regarding change feasibility and timing from a system perspective.
- Experience with operations within an Insurance or Financial Services company.
- Sufficient insurance knowledge to contribute to strategic and competitive discussions and decisions.
- Good understanding of Policy Administration systems and business workflow architecture.
- Experience and understanding of the full project and software delivery lifecycle.
- Experience writing detailed business requirements.
- Rapidly absorbs complex technical and conceptual information, identifying key issues and details and presenting understandable alternatives to both technical and nontechnical individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Highly motivated, results-oriented, innovative and analytical.
- Must manage uncertainty and maintain a positive demeanor in stressful situations.
- Open-minded and approachable to ensure there is a constructive approach to problem solving. Actively explore solutions to problems – reducing barriers, costs and time.
- Strong self-motivation, a dedication to building new processes and the ability and initiative to work effectively with limited guidance.
- Strong problem-solving, organizational and communication skills, including the ability to communicate with internal and external customers at all levels.
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality, service and positive stakeholder management.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Manages workloads across multiple products and business areas.
- Strong PC skills with proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Familiarity with Visio, MS Project, Jira, Smartsheet, Freshdesk, Cognos, and Tableau is a plus.
- Exposure to Lean and Six Sigma for operational process improvement expertise.
- Experience in both “waterfall” and “agile” change methodologies is preferred.
What Hiscox USA Offers
· Competitive salary and bonus (based on personal & company performance)
· Comprehensive health insurance, Vision, Dental and FSA
· 401(k) with competitive company matching
· 24 Paid time off days
· 10 Paid Holidays
· Paid sabbaticals after 10 years of service
· Dynamic, creative and values-driven culture
· Modern and open office spaces, complimentary fruit and drinks
· Spirit of volunteerism, social responsibility and community involvement, including matching charitable donations for qualifying non-profits via our sister non-profit company, the Hiscox USA Foundation
Job Types: Full-time, Contract