Sodexo Healthcare has a fantastic opportunity for a passionate leader to join our team at University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center as an Environmental Services/Custodial Manager 2. Among the nation’s leading academic medical centers, UH Cleveland Medical Center has more than 1,000 registered beds and is located in the heart of Cleveland’s University Circle on a beautiful 35-acre campus. This is a 2nd shift opportunity (2PM start time) and the selected candidate will need to work some weekends and holidays.
This Environmental Services Manager will have responsibility for a team of up to 35 hospital Environmental Services/Housekeeping employees while ensuring a clean and safe environment for our employees, patients and customers.
This Manager will report to a Sodexo Operations Manager and General Manager at the account. Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
Training & development of hourly employees
Directing customer and client interaction
Ensuring hospital and Sodexo quality standards and compliance
Scheduling, payroll, employee engagement
Driving patient satisfaction
The best qualified candidate will be a self-starter with stellar communication skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment. Previous Environmental Services/Custodial/Housekeeping Management experience in the healthcare or hospitality industry is preferred.
Do you possess strong leadership skills? Do you enjoy managing people, processes and projects?
If so, then we would love to hear from you! Apply Today!
Provides management oversight for Environmental Services non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service Programs. Ensures Sodexo Operating Standards for Environmental Service are in place as required to consistently meet all company, client, and regulatory requirements. Responsible for non-exempt work force planning through effective scheduling, development of daily work flow assignments, training and development, and monitoring for compliance to the plan.
- Establishes a safe work environment for clients, customers and staff by ensuring equipment safety and compliance with Sodexo safety and loss prevention programs and by providing safety-related training and equipment inventory maintenance.
- Provide leadership and direction to non-exempt employees
- Coordinate/conduct employee training
- Administer Human Resource processes (hiring, performance reviews, constructive counseling, prepare work schedules, payroll, etc.)
- Interact with outside vendors
- Ensure Sodexo Operating Standards for Environmental Service are in place and consistently met.
- Develop/implement action plans for improvement in compliance with Sodexo Operating Standards as identified.
- Reviews and maintains assigned areas of the Sodexo/Client budget commitments
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.