Full Time Administrative Coordinator/Scheduler BHS
Lake Worth, FL 33461-3368
A career with Brookdale Healthcare Services has never been so rewarding! Brookdale Home Health is ranked among the Top Ten largest home heath companies in the country. Many of our agencies carry a five-star rating and are recognized by Decision Health as Home Care Elite agencies. We own and operate more than 80+ agencies nationwide, serving approximately 17,000 patients throughout our Brookdale Home Health Division. Brookdale. Bringing new life to senior living.
This role coordinates and communicates all activities within the home health agency related to Centralized Services. The role is responsible for tracking referrals within the Centralized Service workflow including Intake and Document management, communicating all aspects of the workflow status with appropriate Home Health Agency staff and promoting an ongoing culture of collaboration and efficiency throughout the referral process. This associate will be proficient in Electronic Management Systems including but not limited to electronic referral platforms, Physician Portals, Forcura and HCHB. This role will promote strong communication in support of both Operational and Sales functions within the Agency. This role also support scheduling and other office functions as assigned.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Coordinates communication of agency referrals to appropriate associates of the agency.
- Communicates with Central Services to address needs at the agency regarding referral management.
- Responsible for reviewing and directing Forcura documentation platform, together with other EMR information to the correct associate in the agency and in collaboration with Centralized Services.
- Serves as a coordinator between Centralized Services and the Agency.
- Facilitates compliance in the electronic medical record for notices provided to the patient or responsible party (e.g. Notices of Medicare Non-Coverage, DPOA documentation) in a timely manner.
- Tracks documentation management activities that are managed by the agency.
- Assures compliance with, and facilitates completion of, service agreements from patient(s) and/or power of attorney(ies) receiving services from the agency.
- Keeps the Clinical Service Manager informed on aspects within the care team specific to documentation and referral management.
- Keeps the sales team informed on referral management.
- Prepares reports for scheduling tracking and participates in agency meetings to ensure patient and associate scheduling needs are met.
- Maintains positive relationships and rapport with co-workers, associates, patients/family members and community personnel.
- Adheres to communication and accountability guidelines established by local and regional administration.
- Maintains a safe and clean work area and adheres to agency safety standards.
- Adheres to established confidentiality standards as required by Brookdale and HIPAA concerning community and patient information.
- Assists with coordination of scheduling for timely initiation of care
- Provides support with scheduling as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma required.
- Prefer one year experience scheduling and working with older adults or in a related healthcare setting
- Home Health Intake or Medical Records experience preferred
If you"re a Brookdale associate, please consider referring someone through the Good People Program!
Brookdale is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug-free workplace.
Brookdale offers a number of benefits to full-time associates including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, disability, life, paid time off, educational reimbursement. All associates, age 21 and older, are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan.