GW’s School of Nursing (GWNursing) drives innovation and improvements in health care worldwide through the education of compassionate nurses, esteemed educators and researchers, entrepreneurial leaders, and influential policy experts.
GWNursing is seeking a Sr. Administrative Assistant who will report to, and provide complex administrative support for, the Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs. This position will also serve as a liaison for the Dean’s Office on the Virginia Science and Technology Campus. The successful candidate will have experience supporting senior leaders in an administrative assistant role, exceptional communication skills, demonstrated success managing multiple priorities in a dynamic environment, and advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite tools and related applications.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manages the Sr. Associate Dean calendar and daily schedule to include meetings, travel, events, speaking engagements and trainings. Serves as the gatekeeper, with the ability to prioritize requests, and independently make judgment calls if there are competing activities or commitments.
- Coordinates and plans Sr. Associate Dean travel, accommodations, and logistics.
- Prepares and processes expense reports, tracks invoices and reimbursements.
- Supports and schedules Academic Affairs meetings, takes meeting notes, transcribes and provides meeting minutes, prepares agendas, coordinates and distributes pre and post materials, gathers and maintains supporting documents, assists meeting leaders and facilitators as needed.
- Prepares communications and correspondence for distribution upon approval.
- Provides clerical and administrative support for projects and initiatives.
- Prioritizes and manages multiple tasks and/or projects: follows through on issues in a timely manner.
- Maintains files on policies and decisions, administrative and historical records, and other similar documentation.
- Creates, updates, and maintains files and databases containing confidential and sensitive information.
- Maintains strict confidentiality: demonstrates tact and discretion.
- Provides office administration support to include maintenance of office equipment in common spaces (i.e. coffee machine, copy machine, water coolers, shredding service, etc.). Facilitates mail operations (sort incoming mail, facilitate delivery of outgoing mail, maintain mail supplies). Order, organize and inventory office and kitchen supplies. Coordinate and manage conference room calendars for VSTC.
- Serves as administrative backup for Executive Special Assistant in support of the Deans calendar, meetings and travel needs
- Provides exceptional customer service when interacting with faculty, students, staff, alumni and guests. Proudly represents the Office of Academic Affairs and GW Nursing.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a high school diploma/GED plus 3 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
- Relevant professional experience as executive assistant strongly preferred
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, and other software applications.
- Excellent customer relations and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Experience working in higher education
- Professional demeanor with a positive disposition and problem solving capabilities
- Strong organization skills: detail-oriented
- Excellent written communication skills
Typical Hiring Range $19.27 - $25.03 How is pay for new employees determined at GW?
II. JOB DETAILS
School of Nursing
Sub-Family Administrative / Operations
Stream Service and Support
Level Level 3
Hours Per Week:
Monday - Friday, 8:30am to 5:30pm
Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work.
Required Background Check:
Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa status
Internal Applicants Only? No
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until:
Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire.
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.