Exelixis, Inc. Location: Alameda, CA
Job ID #:
2401 Department: Accounting
General & Administrative Education Required: Not Indicated
Position Type: Full-Time Regular Relocation Provided:
Performs a variety of administrative and organizational tasks in support of the Accounting and FP&A departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produces and edits correspondence, documents and reports using word processing, powerpoint and spreadsheet software.
- Assists in maintaining calendars for assigned team members, schedules internal and external meetings, makes travel arrangements and coordinates visits by outside guests.
- Provides support for reimbursement requests and expense reports.
- Orders office supplies, maintains office equipment and distributes mail.
- Maintains filing systems, produces copies, answers and directs phone calls and routes messages.
- Answers questions regarding departmental policies and procedures.
- Provides presentation support including the compilation of presentation materials for distribution.
- Tracks all change requests and certificates of insurance for global clinical trials.
- Tracks all invoicing and payments for locally required clinical trial insurance working with our internal accounting team.
- Assists in gathering risk management data from internal stakeholders.
- Assists with records retention including the conversion of paper files to electronic records.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
- Complies with all company health & safety policies and procedures.
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and a minimum of two years related experience and/or training.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 2 years prior administrative assistant experience.
- Experience supporting a Finance organization is preferred
- Strong computer skills including well-developed knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet research capabilities.
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize time sensitive tasks and display effective, independent project management skills.
- Attention to detail in preparation of correspondence, documents and reports.
- Demonstrates tact, diplomacy, respect and confidentiality; is approachable and interacts professionally; builds business relationships based on mutual respect.
- Works efficiently, responds promptly and does not repeat errors.
- Responds well to shifting priorities by maintaining flexibility and professionalism.
- Routinely anticipates and takes initiative to problem-solve, and recommends and implements process/project improvements.
- Routinely produces error-free work, contributes to efficiency and productivity of department(s).
- Encourages communication and cooperation and mutually beneficial solutions to problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in person, by phone and by email with visitors and colleagues of varying employee levels.
- Works on assignments that are moderately complex to complex in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
- Applies job skills and company’s policies and procedures to complete a variety of tasks.
- Demonstrates appreciation for critical issues facing the department, plays an active role in helping to solve problems and seeks ways to make a difference even when not immediately obvious.
- Builds cooperative team relations with colleagues throughout the organization and with vendors outside the organization.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.