Upholsterer - Queens NY
Location: 35-17 42nd Street, Long Island City NY
Posted on October 07, 2019
Manufacturing limousines, custom vans and contract manufacturing for over 30 years. Every Royale product reflects the commitment of Royale’s skilled designers, coach-crafters, fitters, technicians and electronic engineers to build the finest vehicles on the road today.
Royale is seeking an experienced Upholsterer to work in our Queens New York facility. The Upholsterer’s main responsibility will be to cover parts with vinyl and leather to be installed in high end Limousines and Sedans.
Location: 35-17 42ndStreet, Long Island City NY
Job Type: Hourly (Full-time or Part Time)
Hours: Flexible (Monday - Friday)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Wrap parts in vinyl and leather for installation in limousines and custom sedans.
- Use various equipment and tools.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems with equipment as necessary
- Maintain safe, clean and orderly tools and work area
- Continuous learning in new products, skills techniques from colleagues and manufacturers
- Complete all required paperwork and documentation
- Other duties as needed or required
Qualifications & Skills
- Experience: 2-4 years of upholstery or related experience in a fast-paced shop.
- General knowledge of upholstery.
- Proficient in the safe operation of glue spraying equipment.
- Skills: Must possess the drive and aptitude to work safely with tools and understand upholstery. Self-motivated. Work well under pressure in fast-paced environment. Be able to follow directions; evaluate problems and prioritize tasks. Ability to work well in small teams.
- Licenses: none
- Work inside and outside vehicles inside a shop environment
- Frequent lifting objects up to 50 lbs. Frequent kneeling, crawling, bending.
- Nine Paid holidays and personal time off
- Medical and dental plans
- Life and disability insurance
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Upholstery: 1 year (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
Hours per week:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous