Avante Health Solutions makes it easier and more affordable for every hospital, clinic and medical practice to have the very best equipment, supplies and service. Join a growing national company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and their patients.
The company is seeking a new member as part of Finance Department in the San Clemente, CA location – if YOU
Ø Really enjoy balancing month-end and working in the General Ledger
Ø Have a bachelor’s degree in a financial and at least four years of post-college professional accounting experience
Ø Possess an uncanny ability stay focused and organized in a dynamic environment
Ø Communicate exceptionally well, both in person and on the phone
Ø Place great value in taking initiative and participating in a team environment where being driven and goal oriented is as important as being humble and teachable
Then READ ON!
Accounting Manager for Avante Health Solutions (San Clemente)
Reporting to the Controller, this position is responsible for multiple aspects of the company’s accounting activities, such as providing critical logistical information to the Head of Finance with regards to balance and variance of the general ledger, along with establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems. The position will also handle the company’s payroll administration and compliance and support the Human Resources function.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
· Protects company assets by establishing and maintaining internal financial controls and daily monitoring
· Prepares and achieves budget objectives by establishing and meeting schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans and modeling projections; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions; reviewing data entries and approving transactions
· Provides status of financial condition by providing ongoing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; oversees filings and payments of ongoing licenses
· Examines and confirms financial condition by conducting audits of banking, clients, vendors and staff; effectively uses the company’s industry financial software
· Developing accounting and corporate finance standards, auditing, developing and tracking budget, analyzing financial data and recognizing variances Handles the Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payables in a timely manner, interacts with clients and responds with support to reach resolution
· Ensures vendor files are current and 1099 reporting information is accurate. Prepares and meets all deadlines for 1099 filing requirements
· Complies with federal, state, and local legal and tax requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions
· Regularly handles private and proprietary information while maintaining strict confidentiality and protecting from unauthorized disclosure
· Oversees Payroll administration, including, but not limited to processes ongoing payroll, collecting as needed the calculation of time records, inputting and transmitting online payroll data, running commission payroll, distributing final paychecks, and maintaining confidential records, etc.
· Responds to immediate requirements for urgent business needs, such as preparing final checks and performing other unplanned events
· Demonstrates excellent communication skills to receive and convey information clearly and effectively at all levels of the organization
· Possesses excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with staff, vendors and guests
· Helps to identify continuous improvement in purchasing and administrative processes and offers solutions to promote efficiency as Avante continues to grow
· Works professionally and efficiently with all level within the organization
· Adheres to all company employment policies and safe practices
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or associated field preferred
· 3+ years’ experience in relevant experience
· Strong working knowledge of Managing financial processes, use of technical software, developing accounting and corporate finance standards, auditing, developing and tracking budget, analyzing financial data and recognizing variances
· Annual compensation $72,000 to $82,000, commensurate with experience
· Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, 401k, paid time off, holidays discount gym memberships and more
Avante Health Solutions is committed to a respectful and purposeful work environment; this includes each team member taking responsibility for the greater good of the company and its goal to provide exceptional products and services and to create a sustainable future for the company and its employees. Each team member is expected to strive for excellence in all aspects of their work, as well as actively engaging in productive work.
Additionally, Avante Health Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we proudly promote a diverse workforce and do not discriminate. We encourage all applicants who meet the position requirements to apply regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Harassment or inappropriate behavior of any kind is not tolerated and could be grounds for termination.
If assistance or an accommodation due to a disability is needed, please discuss with the hiring manager.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $72,000.00 to $82,000.00 /year
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
- accounting: 4 years (Required)
- San Clemente, CA (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off